PDA

View Full Version : ? about Moby - how do you manage all the fabric?

kelly ann
06-08-2005, 12:47 PM
I really like the moby so far and I don't find it hard to use, but I find all the fabric a little cumbersome when putting it on. It is no problem at home, but I don't really want to bring it out in public because the fabric is dragging everywhere while trying to put it on (and I am quite tall).

Any advice from you Moby experts out there? I did read somewhere on here about folding the fabric in half - which way? I fold mine in half crosswise, but is there anyway to keep the fold in the wrap or do you fold it each and every time you put the wrap on?

Thanks!!

amazz
06-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Not sure I'm an expert, but I can try to answer some of your questions.
I agree that there is LOTS of fabric so if I know that I am going to be using it when I go out I usually put it on at home. If I put it on when I'm out I just know that there is a very good chance I am going to drag at least one end of it on the ground. Since that part doesn't really touch Kami I just deal with it, kwim?
As far as folding it in half, I keep mine folded in half all of the time. I'm not sure what you mean by crosswise, so you may be doing it correctly. It should be half the width of when it is unfolded, does that make sense? Mine just stays that way b/c Rashmi always kept it folded when she used it for her DD and I guess it is just trained to stay that way. :) I did just wash it recently and it actually folded in half quite easily again. If you have trouble keeping it that way then I think you could iron a crease in it.

HTH,
Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/love/luvlove.gif[/IMG]
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif

mharling
06-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Ditto to Angela about usually putting it on at home. When I do put it on out and about, I just deal with it. If I'm by the car, I do try to let the tails rest on the floor by the door (with the door open).

Mine is not folded in half all the time. Once I put it on, I fold it in half from my shoulders down. Does that make sense?

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Faye - March 2005