PDA

View Full Version : Backpack carrier for 17 month old - patapum toddler carrier?

tricialudao
06-20-2005, 12:20 AM
Hello!

I usually browse the stroller and diaper bag forums. I have a snugli and hip hammock which I really love. I am looking for something that I can wear my 17 month old daughter (21.5 lbs) when I am doing housework or busy around the house. From the other messages on the board, I'm thinking of either the ergo or the patapum toddler. Any other suggestions are welcome. I prefer carriers that don't look "homemade".

(1) How do I join the yahoogroups for babywearing?

(2) I guess I need to join the group to find out more about the patapum coop, but is it still going on?

Thanks!
Tricia

Deborah_Hogan
06-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Also consider the Sutemi. I tried the Ergo and preferred this one much more--front, side, and back carry, very soft, nice sturdy clips, padded and comfortable.

tarahsolazy
06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
I've owned the Ergo and the Sutemi, and I ended up selling both. The Sutemi was more comfy, but the crossed straps in the front carry pressed on my breasts uncomfortably. I recently sold my Ergo because I felt like the panel wasn't tall enough, and DS didn't seem to sit deeply enough in the pocket. He's almost 16 mo old. I ordered the Toddler Papatum in the coop, but haven't recieved it yet. I think that coop is closed, but she does them fairly frequently. Here are links to the babywearing coop and swap groups. I have always easily bought and sold carriers on that swap board. And have had good experiences with the coop group, as well.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babywearingco-op/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BabywearingSWAP/?yguid=143612025

tricialudao
06-25-2005, 11:07 AM
I bought the patapum carrier for $55 + $6 shipping online and it arrived yesterday! I have used it at walmart, at home and at home depot. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I can put audrey on my back with some negotiating..... I can see myself getting better at it with time. I had tried framed backpacks before and returned them because they were too bulky and did not feel lighter despite the frame (maybe I had it wrongly adjusted?).

Thanks to everyone on this board. I wouldn't have found out about these soft backpack carriers (ergo, patapum, sutemi) if not for this board.

tarahsolazy
06-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I just got my Toddler Papatum from the coop yesterday, and I agree, its a fabulous carrier! I wasn't pleased with the Ergo, the body seemed too short. The body on the Toddler Papatum is much longer, and the shoulder straps attach to the waistbelt, not just to the body of the carrier. It really seems to distribute weight well. And, on first try I could sling my kiddo onto my back! Despite being able to do a Mei Tai or wrap back carry easily, I could never get him on myself with the Ergo. More folks should check this carrier brand out.

cp5
08-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Where did you get such a good deal can you send me the website please.

Thanks,

CP

tricialudao
08-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I noticed that the price has gone up to $69, but this is where I got it from. http://store.attachedtobaby.com/detail.aspx?id=105