PDA

View Full Version : Best Soft Carrier for Short Mom/Tall Dad

sarabg
07-13-2005, 11:11 AM
What I am looking for may be impossible- but I am looking for recommendations for a soft carrier that can be worn in front that is adjustable so that I can wear it (5') and my husband can wear it (6' 4"). I already have a sling- so I am looking for a more structured carrier that my husband would enjoy wearing. (The baby isn't here yet- but I am hoping to use it from about 4 mos to 1-2 years.)

meshell
07-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Oh I am in the same boat! I am 5'2" and DH is 6'2"! DS is 3 months old now and has been riding in hotslings since he was about 2 weeks old. Since DS loved it so much, I was looking for something for DH to be able to wear him as well. At first, I got DH a fitted pouch, custom made for his size. Problem is, he's all torso (measures about 30" shoulder to hip) and poor baby kept getting lost in there. I have a ring sling which is adjustable, but DH doesn't find it comfortable. I also recently bought a Mei Tai, which I love, but DH hates all the strap tying. So, for now, he's using a Bjorn (which he find comfortable, but I can't stand it for more than 5 minutes!)

But, I think I may have found a solution. I ordered a Patapum for my SIL who is due next month. When it came, I had DH quickly try it on with DS. He really liked it! So I ordered another one for us and it should be on it's way soon. Now, baby is still a little small for it (the Patapum website recommends it for babies 5 months and up), but I really think it's going to work for the both of us. I will let you know more when we get it!

HTH!