PDA

View Full Version : Ergo for hip carry?

CarrieMaro
07-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm nearly set to purchase an Ergo. I love the look and versatility. I did want to ask if anyone is using it for the hip carry. I think this is how I'd like to be able to carry my son around. He's too big (23 lbs at 9 months) for the front carry and I'd like to be able to see him when we're out and about -- especially traveling. The website has no pictures that I could find of anyone wearing their baby on their hip, although the new generation Ergo is supposed to be able to be used this way.

Any Ergo hip carriers?

Deborah_Hogan
07-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I tried it.

The straps seem short to me (I'm a Sutemi user, which has very long straps and webbing, very good for hip carry), so while they say you can do it, I couldn't do it comfortably. That's just me (and despite raves for Ergo, I find it doesn't work for me), but research carefully if this is how you want to use the carrier.

jridou
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
There's a diagram in the instruction book, but it looks confusing. The hip carry looks like an afterthought, so if that's your main objective, I'd try something like this one http://shop.nurturecenter.com/elmeihipbaca.html

I do love my new generation ERGO though and would recommend it.

HTH, Amy

lynettefrancois
07-26-2005, 10:07 PM
I have the old generation and I can't use it for a hip carrier (my torso is very short, and I think you would have to be very tall for it to work). I don't know about the new design though.