PDA

View Full Version : LOVE my new Hotsling!!!

daniele_ut
07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the wonderful advice! I got my Hotsling yesterday and we used it last night for an hour or so and again today for about an hour. I can't believe how easy it is to use, and DS just loves it. I think I am hooked!

Here we are this afternoon:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28530.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/28531.jpg

I wish that I had bought it months ago!

npace19147
07-29-2005, 07:03 AM
You guys look great! And that is a cute print - enjoy!

DebbieJ
07-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Adorable!

Looks like you're both enjoying it!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

Java
07-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Awesome! Look at how happy your little guy is!

The hotsling was favorite over here too. Don't know what I did before it came along.

kelly ann
07-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Those are great photos...I think I need to buy one after seeing how happy your DS is :)

Edensmum
07-31-2005, 04:44 PM
I am so on the fence about getting one. I think your post maybe is swaying me. I am just not sure aobut sizing. I was given two numbers on the website and there is a number in between them. Does that mean I go for the number in between them?
Like if it says 2 and 4 do I buy a 3?
Eden 9/04

daniele_ut
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
I ended up emailing Kristen for help with sizing. The calculator gave me 2 sizes as well, but after giving her the info she suggested I start with the smaller of the two (it suggested size 1 and 2) and see how it worked. At first I thought it might be a little small, but once I figured out how to put it on correctly, it fit really well!

I may get a fleece pouch for the winter if we end up using this one a lot, but I think that one I may size up since I wear a lot of sweaters in the winter and DS will have more clothes on.

anamika
08-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi Danielle,
The pics look great. I just got a second hand hotsling but I really can't figure it out. I have a locally made sling which I like so I went in for the hotsling.
Do you fold the sling in half lengthwise?? If I do this there doesn't seem to be enough material to hold DD in, if that makes sense. She seems to lean back too much and there's nothing holding her in. My other sling is much wider.
Anyway, I'll keep trying. My DD is a few weeks older than your DS (who is adorable - such a big smile :))

smbirth
08-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Check out www.hotslings.com for great instructions on how to put on your pouch and put baby in---you fold in half to put the pouch on, then open up at the seam to make a little pouch/pocket for baby's bottom to go into---hope that makes sense---

Still check out the site for the best instructions!

anamika
08-01-2005, 02:43 PM
pak...
aaaahhhhaaa....i knew i must be doing something wrong and i haven't had time to check out the instructions or try out the sling even.
thank you so much. i think that was what i was doing wrong.
thanks again,

daniele_ut
08-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Yup, that is exactly what I did wrong the first time I put it on and I had the directions RIGHT in front of me!

tiapam
08-04-2005, 12:00 AM
You two look great! My DD was born 10/5 and I also wish I had bought it months ago!

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004

barbarhow
08-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Don't feel bad-I had to have DH show me how to use mine!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
and Anna 5/12/05, my little Yankee fan!

barbarhow
08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
I got mine this week, too and am also loving it. Mine has that new fabric smell that I would love to be rid of. I am wondering how people clean their hotslings. There are no washing instructions on them. Any experience?

neocorgi
08-04-2005, 11:55 AM
i wash my Hotslings all the time. here's the care info on the HS website

Machine wash cold, hang dry. Some pouches are pre-washed and some aren't. It depends on the fabric. Hang drying extends the life of the sling and ensures that your pouch won't shrink.

barbarhow
08-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Thank you. I knew one of you wise Mommies would know.

anamika
08-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Hey,
Thanks all. I tried it again for a few mins and it was great. Just can't seem to find the time to sling her since then :(
Can't wait to go on vacation with it.
Yayyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so happy :)

momma_boo
08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Looks great! I've been looking at their website trying to pick a fabric. I think I'm going to get one. I've been using the baby bjorn which was fine, but it's starting to hurt my shoulders now that DD is 15 lbs.

Is it ok in terms of distributing the weight or does it put a lot of stress on the shoulder that you have the sling on?

smbirth
08-10-2005, 07:28 AM
It does distribute the weight well. Much better than a Bjorn!!

I think after awhile your shoulder might get sore. Mine does after an hour, hour and a half, etc. I like Mei Tais for a longer carry or I lust after the wraps, but too chicken to try them out.