PDA

View Full Version : carrier recommendation

khalloc
08-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Can someone recommend a decent carrier/sling?

I am due with my first baby in November. Its going to be a girl! I don't imagine I will be practicing attachment parenting or anything like that. So I dont need a sling that I am going to be wearing 24/7, but I would like something that is comfortable and works. Maybe for wearing around the house, for short walks, maybe for the grocery store?

Price doesn't really matter for me. Something neutral, semi-stylish would be nice. I am also going to get a Bjorn I think, but would like a sling as well. Oh, I will be breastfeeding, so it might be nice to get something that I can NIP with because I can tell you right now it will take alot for me to get the courage to do it, so anything that can help hide me will be appreciated!

Thanks!

aahjed
08-02-2005, 03:10 PM
I love my pouches. I have/had one of each of these and love them all:

www.hotslings.com
www.heavenlybundles.com
www.lucky-baby.com

angela

tiapam
08-03-2005, 11:55 PM
I second the recommendation for a hotsling. I have a stretch cotton sateen. I also have a Taylormade ring sling, I think it is pretty well made. I don't use my slings as much as some people (DD and I both like the stroller) so it sounds like you might use them like I do. I think a hotsling makes a good intro to slings, because it is so simple. The ring sling is better for nursing, but I did not have the hotsling when DD was smaller. I think it would have worked fine then, at least I know people who do it.

-Pam

Charlotte born October 2004