PDA

View Full Version : Hotsling or Peanut Shell?

heatherkat
08-03-2005, 02:08 PM
I am torn. For those of you that have tried both, which would you recommend for a newborn? This is my third and I will need free hands for my three and one year old, I want something comfortable, easy and yes, stylish. Both of these appear to fit the bill, but I'd like some input from those who've tried them.
Thank you,
Heather
#3 due in three weeks

npace19147
08-03-2005, 03:33 PM
I don't think you could go too far wrong with either of them, but I love my Hotslings. Great patterns/fabrics and great customer service. I just gave a friend a Peanut Shell microfleece for her soon-to-arrive newborn and it was soooo soft and snuggly, but if you're due in 3 weeks and will be running after two others I don't think microfleece would be for you. Good luck!

heatherkat
08-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Thank you! I have also been checking out Lucky Baby, the price is great, any info on these?
Heather

npace19147
08-03-2005, 09:14 PM
A lot of people really like these, esp. for the price, but I tried one and didn't find it as comfortable as the Hotsling or the PS. The material was definitely thinner - if you go that way I would recommend a reversible, makes it sturdier. Of course, YMMV, so hard to know without trying for yourself!

heatherkat
08-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Thank you! I went ahead and ordered from Lucky Baby before I saw your post, I will hope for the best!
Heather
Still would appreciate any other opinions...

tarahsolazy
08-05-2005, 10:24 AM
I have a Lucky Baby, which is reversible, and it works very well for my toddler and I. I think it would work well with an infant, too. I have tried a ton of different kinds of carriers, and I love the simplicity of a pouch sling.