PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a favorite pouch?

martycw
08-09-2005, 01:53 PM
After reading these boards, I've decided to try a pouch rather than an adjustable sling etc. because I want something easy to use and carry with me. I've looked at a few online and wanted some opinions on the available brands: Hotslings, Happyslings, Peanut Shell, Lucky Baby, Frog Prince?? Also, any thoughts on fleece - is it too hot? thanks!

mommyj_2
08-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I have a Mom-and-me pouch that I love. I love the adjustability with the snaps, the fabric, and the fit. It was the pouch I used most often when DS was a baby.

parker10302
08-09-2005, 11:59 PM
We have two hotslings and have been REALLY happy with them both. I love the coziness of the fleece, but it is too hot for us during the summer. (We live in coastal So Cal, so it's not too hot here) We recently purchased a stretch sateen hotsling and love it even more. My DD is happier in it because she isn't as hot.

The pouches are very easy to use...pop DC in and go!

HTH,
Nicole

suzhatch1
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
# 1) Heavenly Bundle - www.heavenlybundle.com Joanna is wonderful to work with & makes each pouch reversible & custom to your exact measurements (rather than falling into a size & ordering one already built). Her fabric selection is awesome too!

# 2) Peanut Shell - The microfleece is *soooo* snuggly!! Thinner than a true, thick fleece, this is a perfect fit for Fall/Autumn (and I can even wear it on cooler Summer nights). The colors are yummy, too!

# 3) Hotslings - Gotta give kudos to the champ. Great fit, cool prints & wonderful customer service!

HTH!
Suz

meshell
08-10-2005, 12:59 AM
I have 3 hotslings and I love them all. It was the first pouch I tried and I keep getting new ones. The cotton stretch prints are sooo much more beautiful IRL.

smbirth
08-10-2005, 07:14 AM
I love my Hotslings and my Heavenly Bundle---both are very well made and comfy as well as beautiful!

I agree with Suzi--the custom fit of a Heavenly Bundle is very nice. I tend to fall somewhere between a size 3 and size 4 with a Hotsling and with the Heavenly bundle it is made specific to my meausrements.

I am eyeing the Peanut Shell microfleece for fall--they look so yummy and cozy!!!

suzhatch1
08-10-2005, 01:46 PM
smbirth - You gotta jump on the PS MF bandwagon. I held out for a long time....and finally caved & got a Key Lime & an Almost Purple (light lavender). They are by far the softest & most comfy fabric pouches ever!!

One word of caution - if you fall between sizes, definately go with the smaller size. I fell between sizes & ordered 1 of the smaller size & 1 of the next size up. The smaller size felt like a tube top putting it on! I literaly laughed when I opened the package thinking..."There is NO WAY this is fitting". But when I got DD in there for about 20 min, it stretched out & fit us nice and snug. It's a tight hold, but I like that a lot. The size up felt okay when I slipped it on, but immediately I knew when I put DD into it that it was too big. It stretched to my knees!! LOL!!

DH even said the PS MF looked really comfy & he'd wear one. Yippee!! I'm gonna get him his first carrier!!

Suz :)

martycw
08-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Has anyone tried the Peanut Shell fleece (different than the micro-fleece, I think?) What about a cotton without stretch?
thanks again for the help!