PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an adjustable pouch?

anika2005
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I have a 6 month old DD who is a little houdini. I have a baby bjorn and I like it so far. I would like to buy a sling so that I con pop DD on and off easily. I would be using the hip carry and also thinking about the back carry. I like the looks of hotsling and lucky pouch. They are not adjustable though. Since I am in between sizes, I am afraid that I might not like the sling I buy. I don't want to spend a whole lot too on something which I won't like. When I look at the adjustable pouches, I like KKAFP, but it is fleece and I am planning to use it in hot places for the next 6 months alteast. Is there an adjustable pouch which could be used in places where it goes above 85+? Or will I be happy with hotsling/lucky pouch even though I am between sizes(M is my tshirt size).
The lucky pouch says that it could be used for a back carry? Is it good in that position? Also, lucky pouch is not padded whereas hotsling is. I like lucky pouch because it is not very expensive and the prints are cute. Please tell me if I need a padded sling or not.
Thanks in advance
Vidya

smbirth
08-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Mammas milk makes adjustable cotton pouches. www.mammasmilk.com or another option would be Heavenly Bundle www.heavenlybundle.com The Heavenly Bundle is not adjustable but is made custom to your measurements. It is my best fitting pouch. The only other pouches I have are Hotslings and I am inbetween sizes also, so I have to order a size up and shrink it down a bit to get the best size.

The KKAFP is a great pouch, but their cotton pouches have a different shoulder and it is not as well liked as the fleece.

Hope this helps!
Sheri