PDA

View Full Version : Sling Recommendations please

buddyleebaby
08-13-2005, 10:22 PM
I know next to nothing about slings, but I have been told that I need one.
I have a two month old who does not like to be put down EVER.
She is 23 inches long and 13 lbs., 9 1/2 oz.
She loves to look around and has pretty good head control, but still a little wobbly when tired.
I am pretty tall ( 5 foot 9), with big hips and a small waist. Breast are ample, if that makes a difference.
So, all you sling experts, what type/brand do you think would be right for us?
Thanks in advance!

sophiecat
08-14-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm kinda biased, but I love my Zolo. Of all the carriers, ring-slings are my favorite, especially unpadded ones. Especially for this age, because you can do a tummy to tummy carry when she's tired, a kangaroo when she wants to explore and cradle carry if you nurse. Also, I find the zolo shoulder more comfortable than some of the gathered shoulder styles. It seems when you have a big hip to waist ratio (I do, and it sounds like you do), when you spread the fabric down your back, it either cuts in or rolls back up-- not comfy, IME. But look at all the different styles. I would recommend www.thebabywearer.com and look at the "choosing a carrier" and then go the forum/chat area and look at back posts on "choosing a carrier" and you will find more slings than you everknew out there "product directory". Some people feel there is a learning curve on the ring-sling, but I think there is in general to babywearing and when you have the incentive (a baby who does NOT want to be put down), you'll get it, very quickly :) Best,
Sarah

buddyleebaby
08-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Thank you!