PDA

View Full Version : Fleece Pouch search- adjustability important/favorites?

feierabend35
08-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi ladies!
TIA :) in advance for any help on this issue...

I have a stretch cotton hotsling and I would also like a fleece pouch for my baby due in a few months. I have looked at and like the KK adjustable as well as the Mom & Me Pea in the Pod adjustable fleece, but I've read great things about the Peanut Shell. Peanut shells come in both fleece and microfleece.

So my questions are:
1. How important the the adjustability of the KK and MNM as compared to the set size of the PS?
2. What's the diff between the fleece and microfleece of the PS?
3. If you have one or have had any of them, can you give me a review/comparison/rec?

JENN:)

Momof3Labs
08-20-2005, 03:12 PM
I've never seen or tried a Peanut Shell but have owned both the KK and MNM. Both are great pouches. I love the adjustability - you'll find that your babe takes up different amounts of space in the pouch depending on how you carry them, plus you'll change in size as you lose those pg pounds. IMO, a "perfect" fitting pouch is essential, and I just haven't been able to get that all the time in a non-adjustable pouch.

npace19147
08-20-2005, 08:31 PM
I have had a KKAFP and bought a PS microfleece for a friend. While the adjustability of the KKAFP is nice, one factor is how your and your baby's thermostats run. The KKAFP did not work for us *at all* b/c we both wound up sweating in the heavy fleece, even in cool weather. The PS microfleece is a much lighter weight fleece and IMO would give the softness without the warmth if that might be an issue for you. One factor with the microfleece is that it does seem to stretch out quite a bit from what I've heard so you might want to get a smaller size than you might otherwise think.

kensjen
08-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I would never buy a non-adjustable pouch. That is JMO though. I know many people LOVE their PS!

Everything Lori mentioned is true. Depending on how you wear your DC and what age/size they are, you will use a different amount of pouch. It is great to be able to adjust for this. Also, if you have an adjustable pouch, it usually overlaps 2 sizes so if you gain/lose weight, it will still fit. This is important right after pregnancy, when your size changes quite a bit.

I love both the MnM and KKAFP. The KK is warm, I only can wear it during the winter months. I live in the NE, and it is still too hot in the spring or fall. The MnM I use year round, and still use it occasionally with my 2 year old. LOVE it. It is breathable, and I don't feel like I get too hot in it. I would think any poly fleece will be warm, which is what I believe the PS is made from.

The MnM has a trimmer shoulder design, and I tended to use it more for that reason as well. If I only had one carrier (but of course I don't, LOL LOL), it would be the MnM.