PDA

View Full Version : 15% off at Zolowear!

DebbieJ
09-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Zolowear is four years old, so enter code "four" at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! Expires 9/15.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfed for 20 months and 6 days

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Momof3Labs
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Whatcha getting Deb?

The Tokyo flower print adjustable pouch is tempting - even though I have no one to carry yet!

DebbieJ
09-08-2005, 11:23 AM
I wish I could get something! My carriers don't get used much anymore--ds was in the Hotsling for maybe 10 minutes at the zoo yesterday--so I can't justify another!

Love the pink stripes, though!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

daisymommy
09-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I love the Tokyo pouch and the Pink Punch cotton sling (okay, I really love the pink silk sling, but would have to be crazy to spend that kind of money on a sling ;)). But I'm afarid to buy one since I won't be able to test it out before the return policy period is up. Also, does anyone really wear a pink sling if they have a boy baby? I have no clue what this little babe will be!

kijip
09-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I want to get a black sling and am deciding between these two. I would have used my red zolo more if it was black (well and the whole Toby did not want to be in a carrier as an infant issue!). Toby has become clingy and wants to ride around on my hip a lot. Also, hopefully we might need it for a new baby sometime before the end of the decade (getting discouraged with TTC).

So is this cute or wierd? It kinda goes with my former punk status...I do still wear a studded belt...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29262.jpg

Or should I stick to the plain version? For comparision:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29263.jpg

Thanks in advance for your votes! I want to order it this weekend to take advantage of the sale. I really liked the fit and comfort of the red Zolo.

DebbieJ
09-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Katie,

You NEED that Burning Love sling!

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03

Sandy
09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Katie,
I say live it up a little and get the burning love.

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

Canna
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Definitely the one with the heart! (The other one is boring, IMO.) ;)

wencit
09-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Amy,

According to their website:

http://zolowear.com/InfoReturns.aspx

If you are pregnant, you can let them know your due date when you make your purchase and then have 30 days from your baby's birth date to make an exchange.

kijip
09-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Now I just hope it comes before Friday so I can take it on vacation. It will be great for the airplane! Thanks DebbieJ, Sandy and canna for the kick in the right direction!

MarisaSF
09-13-2005, 01:03 AM
ACK! I've wanted one forever and just vowed yesterday to start putting every cent into a down payment. But I could really use a Solarveil sling, this deal is nice, and that midnight moonflower is calling "Marisa... Marisa.... I love you... please take me home!"

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should size up or down if I'm right on the cusp of two sizes? I should size up, right? I'm thinking there's more chance of me getting bigger than smaller. Sound right?

BTW, Katie... that tatoo one is perfect for you (I'd guess)!

Sandy
09-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Marisa,
I have the midnight moonflower. I think it is the prettiest solarveil sling and it is so light. I love, love mine. As far as size it really comes down to how long you want the tail to be. There is a 3 inch difference in length between sizes so it depends if you like your tail longer or shorter.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02
& Marisa Mia 4/23/05

kijip
09-13-2005, 11:40 AM
I found myself comfortable with a med when i had the red Zolo despite actually falling into the large range due to being tall and carrying a few too many pounds after Toby! But i don't like a super long tail. I am waiting for the medium Burning Love one to arrive.

Momof3Labs
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I prefer my small Zolo ring sling, even though I'm right between a small and medium size-wise. But I don't like a long tail.

wencit
09-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh, and if you enter the code MDCFUN at the beginning of your order, you'll get free shipping, too.

MarisaSF
09-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Awesome codes, thanks! Interestingly, I called c/s today to ask some questions. The rep was quite friendly, but not very helpful.

First, she assumed I was pregnant, which is not bad, I just thought that was interesting.

Second, she said she couldn't tell me how long the material was or how I could measure myself (I found the measurements on the website, but the link to "view video on how to measure yourself" does not work) -- are they concerned about people copying the design? She did say I could return it for a different size if I thought it was too big/small.

Third, I asked, "Are there any current promotions?" Even though I knew of the anniversary one. She said, "No, they would tell us about things like that first, and we don't know any currently." Does that sound like a thinly veiled, "Probably, but I don't know it so I'm not really lying." ?

I've seen the slings IRL and they are beautiful. I hope my c/s experience was just a fluke!

MarisaSF
09-14-2005, 12:01 AM
Do you think the ring sling sizes correlate at all to, for example, t-shirt sizes. Say you're between a small and a medium and you chose the small... do you wear small t-shirts or medium ones?

Sorry for all the q's. I'm too lazy to deal with returns and I want to get started using this asap. I'm bored with my pouch and this will be my first ring sling!
TIA!

kijip
09-14-2005, 01:21 AM
I think they correlate well to gender neutral t-shirt sizes. Darien explained it to me like this...it is small, medium and large ADULTS not women. So while I really need a large women's size t-shirt, most of the time I am more comfortable with a medium gender neutral shirt since I am medium sized on a spectrum that includes men.

kijip
09-14-2005, 01:29 AM
Sounds like a new person or a bit of growing pains as they expand and have more employees. My service from Darien has always been great but there have been some rough patches with others (like sent a sling ordered for a shower to my old address even though I entered the new info for both shipping and billing...as a result it missed the shower but Darien express mailed a new one in a free silk gift bag). I am sure that you will get thew sling and love it. And if you don't, I'll buy it from you!! Ha ha!

MarisaSF
09-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Thank you!!! Wow, midnight replies. Okay, I will order it NOW! This is one thing I hate/love about this forum -- it takes me FOREVER to order something because I know there's another code, or a better model, or an upcoming sale, or whatever -- but I also know there's someone to just say, "Do it!"

You are right, I think it was totally a new person and she probably thought/knew I was clueless. hee hee

I called at almost 5 pacific time and was surprised when someone answered, so it may have been an answering-service type person.

ETA: That makes sense that they are sized for men and women. I hadn't thought of that as DH hasn't worn DD in a sling since she was a week old. And he's not allowed to wear my new pretty! :)

Looking forward to its arrival!

Momof3Labs
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
I wear mostly medium t-shirts, sometimes large (boobs). Definitely not small t-shirts any more!

Momof3Labs
09-14-2005, 08:20 PM
Ah, that just sealed the deal for me (and after today, a little retail therapy was in order)! Tokyo Fun, here I come!

MarisaSF
09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Lori, for the size assurance. I ordered the Moonflower Solarveil and am eager to see it!

Hope you're feeling better!