PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on hip carriers???

momathome
09-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Right now I have a Baby Bjorn that is hurting my back and a Hotsling that I have never truly gotten the hang of. Julia is now 6 months-old and I am interested in trying a hip carrier. I can get the Walking Rock Farm Hip Baby used pretty cheap in very good condition. Would this be a good carrier? Is there another hip carrier that would be better? TIA!

npace19147
09-16-2005, 10:16 PM
I think guys tend to like the WRF carrier better - the reviews I've seen say that it digs into women's necks.

TBH, the HS is my favorite hip carrier, followed by a ring sling. The pouch is just super easy for sliding into a quick hip carry. There are good instructions at www.hotslings.com.

Or you could check out the new Mei Hip carrier - similar to a mei tai but it's a dedicated hip carrier. You can see it at www.kolamobaby.com or at www.peppermint.com.

Momof3Labs
09-17-2005, 08:19 AM
Ouch, ouch, ouch! I tried the WRF hip baby and the hip hammock and they both dug horribly into my neck! Colin was only about 17lbs, and I could only tolerate those for about half an hour before I had to rip them off.

My favorite hip carrier is a sling or pouch - I've used both adjustable pouches and ring slings.

Is there anyone near you who can show you how to use the hotsling?

lenad
09-17-2005, 09:47 AM
I also like pouches for hip carry, but I like wraps even more. A shortish wrap (2.7m) is fabulous for hip cross carry which is extremely comfortable. Because of the width of the wrap it is easy to really distribute it well over the shoulder. You can also get a longer wrap and then wrap the ends back around the baby, as occasionally they seem like they may fall out of it.

LD