PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on a Mei Tai

julieakc
10-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Well I think I've been convinved to try a Mei Tai, so now the question is which one to buy...these are the ones I'm considering (in no particular order):

1) Angelpack

2) Sachi

3) Boopa Sunna Solarveil - mainly because I can get on e for only $45 and I thought the attached hood might be helpful for my little blondie

4) Also looking at the Ello Roo Hip Mei Tai because I like the buckle feature, but am I going to be unhappy because I'll be stuck to the one position? Seems like I might want the back carry option especially as DS gets older.

5) And finally...what about the Sutemi?

Any input/comparisons on these carriers would be most appreciated. I will add that I am a bit intimadated by the Mei Tai style..afraid I won't be able to tie DS in properly/securely enough...I think that's why the Hip Mei Tai is appealing...

Thanks

tamar948
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Not to make matters worse, but: Did you rule out Kozy, Freehand, and BabyHawk MTs?

At the risk of offending folks on this board, I think there are several threads on TBW (www.thebabywearer.com) that compare at least a couple of these MTs - have you checked out that site at all?

I only own 1 MT at the moment and have not had the chance to try it out yet... but I'm very excited about it. As far as actually using it, most come with directions and/ or have directions on the site - one site even has a 'movie' of someone putting one on (I wish I could find that site again!). I plan to have DH help me put it on the first few times (per carry position) until I feel confident in my ability to do it on my own properly.

Sorry for not being able to provide more information directly related to your question... but I hope some of this does help.

Tamar
new momma to dd MLH 09/2005

phillymommy
10-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I have a Freehand MT that I bought from attachedtobaby.com. I like it a lot so far (although I still have to perfect my tying and technique). The fabric choices are beautiful and the respresentaives are very helpful. I spent at least 30 min on a live chat with one rep one day trying to figure out which carrier was best for me!

Nicole
Mom to Charlie (3.5 years) & Mateo (10 months)

julieakc
10-04-2005, 02:12 AM
Thanks for your input ladies. I just won an auction on ebay for a lightly used doodlebug MT. I got it for a great price so I think it will be a good wa for me to see if I like the MT style. If I like it I might buy another one in a pattern of my choice; if I don't like the style then I'm not out that much $$. :P

ETA: Received my Doodlebug MT a couple of days ago. I haven't had a chance to use it out and about yet, but I I think it's going to serve my purpose perfectly. I quickly tried out the front carry, hip carry adn even the back carry and was able to do each one pretty quickly. I think I need to perfect it, but it wasn't as intimidating as I thought it might be. Everyone who recommended a MT for toddlers was right.