PDA

View Full Version : Need to purchase a new sling.

SashaBear
10-05-2005, 03:03 PM
I own a ring sling and loved it, but now that DS is 17 lbs and 6 months old I realize that the rings are not very good quality and keep slipping.

The sticky post does nto deal much with carrying babies older than newborns so I was hoping for some recommendations.

I am also trying to decide if I should get another ring sling or try a pouch or wrap.

Please list the major slings, wraps, and pouches for me to check out! Thanks

Momof3Labs
10-05-2005, 03:10 PM
There are tons of choices, and everyone has their favorites. Check out the reviews at www.thebabywearer.com - there is even a grid showing which carrier works well for what. Then once you have it narrowed down (using some of the info from the sticky thread - even if it is not clear, a lot of it does deal with carrying older babes), it will be easier for us to guide you to the right carrier for you!

Tondi G
10-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Pouches look at Hotslings for a cotton pouch or Kangaroo Korner for an adjustable Fleece pouch.. peanut shell has fleece pouches too! The babywearer website has lots of info for you! Good Luck

bethwl
10-06-2005, 03:28 AM
agree that you should check out thebabywearer.com for exhaustive (almost overwhelming!) resources on choosing a carrier.

A pouch will offer the same basic carrying positions (which at your child's age will mostly be hip carry with a ring sling or pouch). A wrap (popular brands are Didymos and Storchenwiege) or mei tai will offer the back carry option. You could also try a soft structured carrier like the Ergo (which is a front pack, back pack, hip carrier option).