PDA

View Full Version : Is the Peanut Shell right for me?

MommytoDylan
10-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me! I have a newly 4 mo. old daughter who is already 20 lbs. but doesn't have the greatest head/upper body control yet.

I've used the Moby with her but her foot got bruised so I'm scared to use it again.

I have the Kozy but the tummy to tummy hold seemed akward as her legs have to be really spread apart to go around my waist. Maybe I'm not doing it right?

I can't use our infant seat anymore because of her weight so I'm looking for an easy in/easy out sling for shopping, dr.'s appts., etc.

The Peanut Shell looks so cute! Would DD have enough body/neck support in this? Is she too heavy? Is it easy to use and comfortable?

Thanks so much!!

Meredith

tamar948
10-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Meredith,
I have a PS and have been using it with my DD for just over a week (she's 2 wks old - not nearly as big as your little girl ;)). It's been great for us. I have found it very easy to use as well as comfy, although she's also still under 10 lbs.

We use the T2T hold with it and she just keeps her head against my chest. I try to keep the outer rail high as well for support. As I mentioned in another thread, I still tend to keep a hand on her though. But then, as you can tell, I'm fairly new to babywearing. I don't know if there is weight limit on the PS pouch. You might want to check/ contact www.goo-ga.com. I didn't do a complete search on TBW - but they might have more helpful info on this too.

As for the Kozy MT, I believe you can either have the legs out and around your waist or froggy style under her (although I'm not sure if your DD is too big for that position). The Kozy site has GREAT instructions and pictures: http://www.kozycarrier.homestead.com/instructions.html

I have a BH MT and hope to try it out soon thanks to the newborn carry instructions on the Kozy site ;)!

HTH,
Tamar

MommytoDylan
10-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks so much for your kind reply!! I think we'll go for the Peanut Shell :)

Meredith

tamar948
10-08-2005, 05:30 PM
I really hope it works (as you can tell, I really like mine). Please update on how it works out for you!

:)
Tamar