PDA

View Full Version : Hotslings stretch vs. reversible

mommytocece
10-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I know this is a tired subject, but I'm not finding the information I need to make a decision about Hotslings.

I ordered the stretch Flame Hotsling pouch from Babycenter.com in a size 3 (I checked my size on Hotslings.com which came up as a 3 or 4). I received my Hotsling pouch and it's a bit too snug with the baby in it.

I want to order the next size up from Hotslings.com, but am at a loss as to which fabric to order.

Here are my questions:
In looking at the Hotslings.com site, I like the reversible Flashback and the stretch bebe love fabrics. Has anyone seen both? Are they both vivid colors?
How important is the stretch as baby grows?
How much smaller does the reversible run (is it a half size)?
How much will each stretch out over time?

Since the size 3 stretch was a little bit too tight for both baby and I, should I get a size 4 stretch or the size 4 reversible?

I thank you in advance for any replies!

Krista

Momof3Labs
10-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Did you talk to the owner of hotslings.com? She's pretty helpful with this type of info. You WANT your pouch to be a bit snug - if it is loose, it will hurt your back. Plus, stretchy materials tend to stretch out as you wear them and snap back after washing.

Again, the owner can really help with this info.

lenad
10-27-2005, 11:00 PM
I would definitely go with a reversible. It simply looks a lot nicer when you do the shoulder flip (which you likely will, to bring the baby in closer). And reversibles do not stretch, so a size up is better. (Can't help w/ fabrics question, sorry.)

HTH,

LD