PDA

View Full Version : Diaper bag that works with a sling???

wookiemouse
11-03-2005, 10:41 AM
I have a traditional shoulder-carry diaper bag and it's NOT working well with my Hotsling (I have DS in a hip carry). I am wanting a new bag that goes across my body (like a messenger bag) but the one I saw I really liked would end up UNDER the sling:

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/86208/350755/117.html

What are you all using that works well? I need something that stays on my body (current bag slips off my shoulder), is easy to get my wallet out with one hand, and sits on the side opposite DS. It doesn't need to be large - I need something for quick errands.

I haven't posted in the diaper bag area yet - I figured the sling-wearing-mamas were a better bet for ideas!

lenad
11-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I have a Loom bandicoot, http://www.loomlife.com/collection/bandicoot.htm, and really like it. It can be worn messenger style or as a backpack. I actually use it mostly as the backpack, esp. when I am wearing a carrier. Though I mostly use wraps, not pouches, when I go out.

HTH,

LD

p.s. I got it at a sale at 50% off, otherwise I don't think I would have gotten it.

Maria K
11-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Where'd you find it at 50% off???

lenad
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
In Chicago, at a North Side maternity store that had cut the price b/c they weren't selling diaper bags, so they wanted them gone. Total chance. Their only Loom bag was black/moss, which is what I wanted (granted, it's the most conservative one, too). This *never* happens to me.

Call the stores that carry them and ask about the price. Can't hurt.

LD

tamar948
11-17-2005, 08:43 PM
If you are looking for a messenger style bag, you could check out bags that are not necessarily 'diaper bags' that have nice amounts of pockets (e.g., Timbuktu bags).

To be honest, I don't wear a pouch for the most part, I'm a Mei Tai girl doing mostly front carries. I have a Kecci Mommabag (from the Shanghai 'collection'). This is working really well for me since it can be both a shoulder carry bag and a backpack - I usually wear it as a backpack :) since we're always on foot).

DH has a Kecci 'Daddybag' that has a messenger style strap. It's a really big bag though.

Sheesh. Probably not very helpful. Sorry. :(
Tamar