PDA

View Full Version : Need Carrier/Sling advice for large breasted mommy!

Bens Momma
12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi! I have a 7 week old who was born 3 weeks early. Due to jaudice he spent the first week of life in the incubator under light therapy and missed out on most cuddling/contact. He is making up for it now and LOVES to cuddle :D Actually he wants to be held almost all day. But I have an ACTIVE 2 year old and the obvious household stuff to try and get done!!! I am large breasted and have a Baby Bjorn and a Kelty Kangaroo which don't work....Does anyone have any suggestions or recommend other options??

My tired arms need a break!!
Thanks for any info/advice!
Ben & Will's Momma

boogiemom
12-02-2005, 06:15 PM
I was in the same boat. I am large breasted as well and that darn Bjorn just wasn't going to work for us. I did get, on the advice of several here, the Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch (KKAFP) which is working great for us. My son LOVES being in it and I get so many comments on it when we are out and about. It is sooooo easy to pop him in and out of it as well. I find it really comfy too.

Good Luck!

Bens Momma
12-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks so much for your reply!! I'm definitely going to look into the KKAFP. Where did you find yours?

Ben & Will's Momma
8/03 & 10/05

boogiemom
12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
http://kangarookorner.com/

They were great to work with!

Momof3Labs
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Just set my SIL up with my KKAFP to try for a while, and she is larger breasted. She and my niece found it quite comfy!

dowlinal
12-05-2005, 02:11 AM
Definitely try the KKAFP. I loved it when my daughter was a newborn and had no problems even though I have a very large chest even non-pregnant. I received a Bjorn as a gift and it was a joke. Even if it had been comfortable it looked absolutely ridiculous.

fairyfahrenholz
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
HI!

I'm a 42DD normally (slightly bigger as I'm still BF now). I just bought a Lucky-Baby sling and love it. My son is 6 months old and he thinks its pretty cool to sit up and be so close to Mommy at the same time (he's not too fond of the cradle hold, but we haven't tried it long term yet when he gets sleepy).

Good luck!

Kristen
Emma 5/10/04
Michael 6/2/05