PDA

View Full Version : Carrier for newborn born in April

wimama
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
I have been reading alot of the previous post about carriers, but I am still confused. My baby will be born at the end of April and summers where I live get pretty warm (over 90). I like the idea of a microfleece pouch, but I am concerned that they may be to hot.

The carriers that I have been looking are the KKAFP, Hotsling and Peanut Shell.

Which would be best for an infant during the summer? Any other options? Whould a ring sling be better in a thinner fabric?

knaidel
12-13-2005, 04:01 PM
If you're looking at a pouch, then definetly skip the KKAFP for the summer- you can get one for the fall though!
For pouches, hotslings and peanut shells are great choices for the summer. There are a gazillion other options, but these are two "tired and true" ones, so you should be fine!

feierabend35
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a 7 week old and my favorite carrier so far has been the Hug-A-Bub. My DH or I can carry our son and it is very versatile!!
If you want a pouch I would get a hotsling or a Lucky Baby pouch. If you plan to be outside or in water, a solerveil pouch might be a nice alternative.
Jenn :)

swt2th1
01-04-2006, 10:44 PM
The KKAFP is my favorite (and most comfortable carrier), but there is no way that I wear it anytime near the summer. I also vote that you buy this in the fall (or end of summer for better selection).

You might want to keep in mind that the sizing on pouches can be tricky and if you are gaining boobs, losing weight or anything, it can impact the fit. I am also due in April and I think a Moby or a ring sling would be a good choice for a newborn and your changing body. Just my two cents though.

However, I really like my hotsling and I heard the peanut shell has a yummy one in a soft jersey that would be perfect for a little one. I wouldn't get a microfleece for summer, but I tend to run hot and carrying around a sweaty baby doesn't help. :)

HTH!

wimama
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Thanks everyone for responding. For Christmas I bought a Hotsling for myself and husband. I am also thinking of getting a Hug-A-Bub or Moby wrap.

Thanks

AdoptChina
01-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Im due in May and I have a Moby, am ordering a soulbaby nyc ring sling and will most likely order a hotsling. I figure those 3 will give me lots of options