PDA

View Full Version : Ellaroo Mei Hip

boogiemom
12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
Where is the best place to buy one of these? Anyone have good luck with a specific retailer?

Also, any plus-sized mommas using one of these? I can't seem to find any sizing info out there for these carriers. It just says one size available. I want to be sure that one size fits me. Sometimes one size really doesn't fit all..........:)

Thanks,
Tani

juliasmom05
12-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure it is the best place but I got mine at peppermint.com and was pleased with the service. I ordered two different slings and returned one with no problem.

http://store.peppermint.com/mei-hip.html

I am not sure about sizing but the straps are very long. If you want, I can measure the straps if that will help you.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

boogiemom
12-12-2005, 03:45 PM
I'll take a look at peppermint.com. Thanks for the suggestion. I try to order from businesses that I know someone has had good luck with.

Actually, that would be great if you could do a quick measurement for me. I just want to be sure before I order it and I can't find measurements anywhere!

Thanks so much!

juliasmom05
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I will measure it tonight when I get home from work.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

juliasmom05
12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Here are the measurements. The bottom of the body of the wrap is 14 inches wide with 29 1/2 inch straps on each side to tie around your hips. The strap that goes around your shoulders is approx. 55 inches. The shoulder clasp is connected to another 3 or 4 inches of strap. The shoulder straps and the hip straps are separated by around 14 inches. I am not sure whether these measurements help. But I am around 5'5'' and 140 lbs and when I strap it around my shoulder there is around 27-28 inches of extra shoulder strap. I took the buckle off the hip straps, and just tie it around my hips. When I do this, there is an additional 14 inches on each strap after the knot. Hope this makes sense and gives you some idea of how big it is.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

boogiemom
12-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Yes, Marci! That is a HUGE help! I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

erzzie
12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Marci,
How do you like your Mei Hip? I have a Zolo sling I like to use with my newborns and I love it. But, when my kids are old enough to hip carry, I have a huge problem getting the sling arranged and my shirt not pulling off crazy, and the rings in the right spot and it's just too much trouble. Do you think I'd like the Mei Hip? It's super cute and looks much easier to put on quickly and correctly. How heavy is your child? Do you get much shoulder/neck strain?

Thanks so much!

juliasmom05
12-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Melinda,

I do like it. I never had the patience for learning how to use a regular mei tei, so this one works well for me. Once you have it adjusted, it is super easy to put on. I just tie it around my waist, put her in, and pull the shoulder strap over my shoulder and clip it in. Super simple. The weight seems to be very evenly distributed so I don't get any shoulder and neck pain, but Julia is only around 18 lbs. I don't have a lot of experience with other slings, wraps, or pouches so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I do like it.

HTH

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

juliasmom05
12-14-2005, 09:43 AM
I hope it works out for you.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05

erzzie
12-14-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks so much for the input! I have really big babies, so I'm just waffling on how long it would last me. It looks like one of the best hip carry options though! I was hoping it'd be small enough to roll up and keep in the car/diaper bag/stroller basket and it looks perfect for that!

juliasmom05
12-14-2005, 12:25 PM
It definitely is small enough to keep in the car/diaper bag/stroller.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/05