PDA

View Full Version : RECALL:

longtallsally
01-13-2006, 02:13 AM
Never mind. I was trying to be helpful, but I can tell by the tone of a couple of the responses that my input was not appreciated. I have no interest in conflict with strangers. In the future, I will stay away from this section of the board and let people find Consumer Product Safety Commission information on their own, the way I did.

DebbieJ
01-13-2006, 09:15 AM
That recall was in August and has already been taken care of.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

longtallsally
01-13-2006, 09:50 AM
See above.

boogiemom
01-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I hadn't heard about it either so thanks for passing on the info.

Momof3Labs
01-13-2006, 11:04 AM
A good guide is the date that the recall was posted. This one is dated August 23, 2005 (right at the top, when you click on your link), so is relatively old, and any new purchases are definitely not affected by it. The recall was posted here and discussed back when it was new; if you are posting an old recall, it is probably worth indicating that in your post.

boogiemom
01-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree that it would be a good idea and will try to remember that should I find something I'd like to share in the future. However, not everyone has been coming to this board for a long time and so some may have missed this. Obviously new purchases are not affected by this but many people do buy/trade these on SWAP and this is good to know when considering one from the SWAP board. I would not have known to ask exactly when the original purchase was made. August, 2005 is not that old.

Clearly, the OP was just trying to be helpful.

lynettefrancois
01-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I haven't looked in this section for awhile, but just got an email from a friend today asking for a sling recommendation- I'll be sure and tell her to get a new one if she goes for a Zolo. Thanks!

almostamom
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Thank you for trying to be helpful. There are certain forums that I only visit every few months (this being one of them) so I'm not always up-to-date on the latest recalls and information. I appreciate what you were trying to do. :) Please don't let others discourage you. As long as you know your heart was in the right place, you need not worry about other people's comments.

~Linda~
DS 11/9/04

tarabenet
01-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I think it is very kind that you wanted to share your info here. Please don't be discouraged!

By the way, I love my ZoloWear Sling.