PDA

View Full Version : adjustable or non-adjustable pouch easier to use with infant?

nicknack
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking about getting a Zolo ring sling but also thought I might want a pouch. I thought I read that an adjustable (like the KKAFP) is easier to use in the beginning since your body is still changing from having the baby, etc...that true? Is it harder to get a good fit with a non-adjustable pouch in that early stage?

Thanks,
Nicole

lenad
01-18-2006, 02:29 AM
Absolutely. A non-adjustable pouch really has to fit well. I had to go a size down once I lost pg weight. I have not tried adjustable pouches, but KKAFP gets rave revues from everyone (if you live in a cold area and you will use it in the winter).

LD

TereasaT
01-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Personally, I think it is very difficult to get a good fit with a non-adjustable pouch immediately postpartum. There are some mamas who have said they have had the same size pouch carrying their baby from birth through toddlerhood. I actually went through 4 sizes because of the weight loss and the different carrying positions.

I loved my KKAFP. It was so snuggly and soft. I did love that I could adjust it rather than buying a new sized pouch. I also could adjust it for more layers of clothing which really makes a difference. I had a fall baby so I loved it in the winter, but it really is too hot to wear in the summer. I also love my MnM PiP which is cooler than the KKAFP, but I still don't care for it in the summer. I haven't heard any rave reviews about any adjustable cotton pouches.

That said, once you get the right sized pouch, non-adjustable pouches are wonderful. They look streamlined and feel more comfortable for me because there are no extra layers of fabric or snaps.

JacksMommy
01-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Nicole, a ring sling is a great option for the early days for many reasons: it's infinitely adjustable, allows for the most discreet breastfeeding and both you and many people can use the same one.

I love my KKAFP and would recommend it to anyone. I live in Napa, CA and use mine 12 months out of the year, except during the hottest part of the day. It would probably be harder in an area with high humidity and heat.

That being said, I've always used my KKAFP in the same snap position, and I gained 60 lbs during pregnancy.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04