PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Baby vs. Hotslings vs. Peanut Shell

Momof3Labs
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
In my final pre-baby shopping days, I am contemplating adding a non-adjustable pouch to the line-up. Especially since I know that I'll be selling off some of my carriers sooner or later; I just don't love all of them. Any thoughts on how these three compare, or are they pretty much the same thing in different fabrics with different tweaks (leg padding, reversible, minky lined, etc.)?

Thanks!!

Momof3Labs
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
In my final pre-baby shopping days, I am contemplating adding a non-adjustable pouch to the line-up. Especially since I know that I'll be selling off some of my carriers sooner or later; I just don't love all of them. Any thoughts on how these three compare, or are they pretty much the same thing in different fabrics with different tweaks (leg padding, reversible, minky lined, etc.)?

Thanks!!

lizamann
01-27-2006, 06:41 PM
All nice pouches! And yes, they're all the same basic idea. If you want fleece, I'd go with the Peanut shell microfleece, and if you want a funky print, you can't go wrong with either Hotsling or Lucky Baby, so pick the one that appeals most. Hotslings have that little bit of padding which I could take or leave. I haven't used a LuckyBaby but have seen my friend's - really nice.

lizamann
01-27-2006, 06:41 PM
All nice pouches! And yes, they're all the same basic idea. If you want fleece, I'd go with the Peanut shell microfleece, and if you want a funky print, you can't go wrong with either Hotsling or Lucky Baby, so pick the one that appeals most. Hotslings have that little bit of padding which I could take or leave. I haven't used a LuckyBaby but have seen my friend's - really nice.

Momof3Labs
01-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Beth! In particular, it is good to hear that Lucky Baby looks nice since their price seems to be less than the other two.

The Peanut Shell fleece looks sooooo cozy, but I already have a KKAFP and probably shouldn't duplicate so much in my collection. Tempting, though...

Momof3Labs
01-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Thanks, Beth! In particular, it is good to hear that Lucky Baby looks nice since their price seems to be less than the other two.

The Peanut Shell fleece looks sooooo cozy, but I already have a KKAFP and probably shouldn't duplicate so much in my collection. Tempting, though...

lenad
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Lucky Babies are GORGEOUS! And incredibly well made. Most moms seem not to care about leg padding, but I do like it for the summer (bare legs). I think that may be b/c I like my pouches super snug, I am almost thinking they are too snug (or I've gained weight since I got them, LOL). (I certainly don't have leg padding on my ring sling, and it doesn't bother me one bit.)

kensjen
02-01-2006, 07:48 AM
I just bought a Peanut Shell and a Lucky Baby. I LOVE them both!

I got the Peanut Shell in microfleece. It is very stretchy (you can order a size down) and very lightweight. I could see using this year round, it is not a thick fleece like the KKAFP. It is also more streamlined, not bulky at all. I really love this pouch with a newborn.

The lucky baby pouch is gorgeous! I have the lucky circles lined in minky. It is very well made, and fits true to size. Both the LB and the PS have excellent customer service. I had lots of questions and they were so helpful and Candice made me a custom sling since she didn't have what I wanted in stock at LB.

The 3 brands you mentioned are pretty much the same thing. Hotslings has a much better sizing range, I think you could get the best fit with one of them. (I plan to try on soon, lol). I've never had a pouch with padding, I guess it would be helpful in the hip carry position.

HTH!

npace19147
02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I loved my Hotslings, way more than the other two (although I only tried a fleece PS, so can't comment on their cotton). The Lucky Baby to me felt very inflexible - which I guess is b/c I was so used to the bit of stretch on the Hotsling. IME it made for a really super comfortable fit.

Radosti
02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
I have a reversible Hotsling and it is non-stretchy cotton. That paired with the fact that DS is 15 lbs at 8 weeks, makes for a super-tight fit. His head is now almost completely outside the sling, but he can't control it a whole lot yet, so I end up pulling the fabric up a bit to support the head.

Emmas Mom
02-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm deciding between these as well. I got the PS in the Ono (Poplin stretch) but now am wondering about getting one in fleece or the jersey stretch.

Where do you buy the Lucky Baby?? Is that an e-bay seller only?

Is the general consensus that the fleece should be a size smaller than normal?

Momof3Labs
02-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Lucky Baby is at www.lucky-baby.com, but they don't sell fleece pouches. I'd recommend reading the sizing info on the sites as at least one of them compensates for the stretchiness of the fleece, so that the fleece pouch does NOT run small. I don't remember which one as I already have a KKAFP and wasn't planning to replace it.