PDA

View Full Version : I'll give you $5 to make this decision for me...!

Judegirl
02-05-2006, 03:10 PM
I mean, how much thought/time is this really worth?? Please help!

I've bought a Patapum and a Sutemi, and am waiting for them to arrive. I thought I should try a MT, but there are about four million different kinds out there. I'm only going to get one if I can get a good deal, and I'm looking at 3 kinds right now - Baby Hawk, Kozy and Sachi.

Dd is 32" tall and 34 lbs. I want something I can carry her front-facing in sometimes, which is why I'm looking for a MT in the first place. I need a 2-shouldered carry. I'm 5'2" and there's a TWELVE inch difference between my waist and my hips. I was born under the sign of Aquarius and my eyes are brown. Which one do I get?

Thanks to anyone who can do a good deed and pitch in here...

Jude

ETC typo - Rory is pushing 35 lbs.

npace19147
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm going to vote for the Sachi b/c it's my favorite - although a disclaimer here, I haven't tried the BH. I found the Kozy too big for me - I'm 5'1" and it was a lot of fabric. Plus there's usually a really long wait for them. Sachis are comfortable, Lisa the owner is great to work with, and she often has ready-made ones on clearance that you can get asap.

I'll pass on the $5, though... ;)

s7714
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I'd go with a Baby Hawk as they are a shorter bodied MT. (You can shorten the others by just rolling them up though.) Not to mention BH has a lot of really cute fabrics for a reasonable price! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

Judegirl
02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Wait...I would want a shorter-bodied one for a 32" toddler?? I was goingt o get the XT if I went to BH...?

Canna
02-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I would say get a Kozy because they seem to be generally beloved, and I like a larger-body, I think. I have a Babyhawk and it is nice too.

Momof3Labs
02-05-2006, 08:52 PM
When DS was 38" tall in the Kozy, I had to roll it down 1-2x so that he could move his arms. Since Rory is only 32" tall, I'd definitely suggest a shorter bodied MT.

MarisaSF
02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey, Jude. Sorry, I have no advice here (too bad, as I could really use five bucks), but wanted to say Happy (almost/belated) Birthday to you, Aquarian sister! :)

Good luck in your search.

s7714
02-06-2006, 12:34 AM
If you want her arms out, you need a shorter bodied style. A longer body would surround her arms and head unless you shorten it by rolling it up. Always rolling it up gets annoying IMO, so I'd suggest going with the shorter body style to begin with. (Unless you might want a longer body for a future baby? ;) )

Jennifer
Mommy to
DD 3/03
DD 6/05

Calling fellow BBB SoCal moms...we'd love to meet you!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babybargainssocal/

gour0
02-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I say go with the one that has fabric you love. All three are great and get really good reviews. I think a short body would be good for a toddler. The only reason I don't use my shorter ones right now is they don't support her head if she falls asleep. Do you think that will be an issue? Some people get a longer body and then roll it to make it shorter. You could always get all three and then sell the ones you don't like. ;)

Judegirl
02-07-2006, 12:32 AM
LOL...my Rory fall ASLEEP??? No, I don't think that will be a problem! ;)

Jude

Judegirl
02-07-2006, 12:35 AM
I made my decision...lol - I decided not to worry about it now and just get something that comes along cheaply and seems like it might work. I couldn't stomach the price of the Kozy or the Sachi and I didn't like the way the BH looked upon further consideration.

But I just bought a secondhand AngelPack, so I guess I'll at least get an idea. Thanks everyone! Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have a sense for what we like and don't and why! :)

Jude

gour0
02-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Have you looked at www.meitaibaby.com ? She has a lot of fabric choices.