PDA

View Full Version : ISO way to carry 18# baby on my hip

kk
03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
And I have no idea which is the best baby carrier. I have a 4 month old, 18 pounds, decent head control. I need a way to carry him in/out of his sisters' schools, quick trips to grocery, occasional gardening/housework. I doubt I'd ever carry him for more than a 1/2 hour or so. I think I'd prefer to carry on my hip with him facing out.

I've looked online at MT hip, hotslings, and sidecars. Still clueless. Someone tell me what to buy, please. Most of the fabrics are so beautiful, so I am excited for this purchase.

If I could breastfeed in the checkout line at Target, that would be great, but not necessary.

Thanks!

Kristan

lenad
03-20-2006, 10:31 AM
You can do hip carry in many different carriers (pouches, ring slings, Mri Hip, wraps). I personally prefer a ring sling, or a long wrap. Ring sling is, obviously, much faster. I like the sling because it can be adjusted just right, and b/c my dd (17mo, 21lbs) has room on top to play with her toys. (I think majority prefers pouches for quick hip carries though.) Oh, and you can easily nurse in a ring sling.

HTH