PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the Ergo or the Patapum

ciaobella
03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, so I bought the Kelty Ridgeline for our trip and now that it is here, I am having second thoughts. It is *really* big and while fairly comfortable, it still pinches my DH's shoulders a bit. So, I am thinking about ordering an Ergo (I love the 90 day money back trial), but then I saw great feedback on the Patapum.

So, ladies, which do you prefer?

My DS is 20 months and about 30 pounds. I like the idea that I will be able to use the Ergo as a front carrier with our next child. I have a Bjorn that I will sell on ebay.

Thanks for the advice!

Lucia
03-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Just wanted to let you know we LOVE our Patapum. I have never seen an Ergo in person so I can't compare them, but my husband and I are both really enjoying the Patapum (and so does our daughter!). If the Kelty is only "fairly" comfortable I would not recommend taking it on a trip..nothing worse than using gear that is uncomfortable and especially when out and about. Another thing to consider with Ergo vs. Patapum is the price difference...patapum seems to be less expensive. Good luck finding the right option and have a good trip! Going anywhere exciting?

May_Flowers
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I have an Ergo and a Kelty backpack (a different Kelty though). The Kelty has been collecting dust in our garage for probably 2 years now. The ergo is just awesome. It's very comfy and easy to use.I can't imagine using anything else now. I prefer it over a stroller.

ciaobella
03-31-2006, 07:34 PM
Thank you for the replies. I ended up settling on the Ergo because it had the 90 day money back guarantee, so it would be easier to return and less costly to return, if I didn't like it. I have had it for a week now and used it quite a bit (last weekend for 2 straight hours with a 30 pound toddler) and it was GREAT!

Thanks again!

Yamsuf
04-17-2006, 11:50 AM
I have an Ergo, and I love it. We went on a 2 hour walk last week and DD was happy and so were we. I wear her when I am cooking and cleaning and I am totally comfortable. She is 17(ish)lbs. and I am tiny (under 5 Feet). We haven't used our stoller in months.

Judegirl
06-07-2006, 02:04 AM
I hated my Patapum. :(

carolines mommy
06-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Love my infant patapum so much I am getting the toddler size too. I liked the cleaner look of the Patapum over the Ergo.

Erika
Mommy to Caroline Nov 03 and Chelsea April 05