PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a hotsling and now I think I got it too small!!!!

Tondi G
03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
My little guy is about 23lbs I think now... 10.5 months. I tried to get him into it and it was CRAZY hard! I finally got him on my hip and when I tried to fold the fabric down a bit on my shoulder it pulled him in WAY tight. He didn't seem to mind at first but he tired of the puch quickly... he loves to be held! SO... do I just need a size up? Is it always so restricting to your shoulder or is that cause I have the wrong size?

I am thinking I may have to look into an Ergo or Mei Tai instead. I really wanted a pouch just for the popability in a hip carry!

So any words of wisdom for me???? Thanks

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

new_mommy25
03-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Yup, sounds too small for me. Can you exchange it?

Tondi G
03-25-2006, 12:51 AM
No I can't exchange it cause I bought it from someone off the baby wearer site... I was SOOO excited too cause I found an older aqua colored one!!!! Bummer for me BUT I got lucky cause I have a neighbor across the street who has a son 2.5 months younger than Aidan and she is a tiny girl.... it fit her very well and she bought it from me today!!!! So everyone is happy... she got a great deal on a hotsling and I recooped my money so I can start looking for another good deal on a size bigger. I got a size 3 after checking their size chart.... I am wondering if I should go for a size 4 or a size 5...hmmm. Maybe I'll put a call or email into the hotslings site directly!!!! Oh and on another note... her MIL came over and was checking out the hotsling and said.... I think this would be pretty easy to make.... I sent her a link to a pattern.... maybe she'll start making them for the ladies on our block!!!! :)

Thanks

~Tondi

lenad
03-25-2006, 10:08 AM
The pouch fits the mom, not the baby (i.e., the variations in baby size are too little to affect the fit).

Also, note that for a hip carry you do need a slightly smaller sling than for other carries. Even for this it sounds like your pouch is too small.

You should have no problem just reselling the Hotsling on TBW, and then try and find another one.