PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Recommendations for a newborn

annasmom
04-10-2006, 04:20 PM
O.k., I know this is a similar question to one posted right below, but mine is a little different. I know I do NOT want a pouch for this new baby. Is there another carrier that I can safely use for a newborn??? I was hoping some sort of mei tai??

I have a KKAFP, a waterproof hotsling, and a baby-bjorn. And while I do love the KKAFP (and so did my ds when he was really little!), I find it very difficult to pop the baby in there. With three dc, I am going to need something a bit easier to use. Also, all of the above carriers really start hurting my back and neck after a while. That is why I am thinking a mei tai maybe my best solution. So what do you all think??

FWIW, I am planning on using this carrier for my new baby, so I obviously have quite a while to research this topic, lol! But, I am on bedrest, and a new carrier and a new infant car seat are the only things I need so far for this baby, so here I go . . .

Thanks so much for any advice and suggestions!

Momof3Labs
04-10-2006, 04:52 PM
You could use a Mei Tai, but IME the KKAFP is much, much more "poppable" (it only takes me a few seconds to get DS2 in and situated in the KKAFP, so maybe it's a technique thing??). How about a strechy wrap that you can tie on and pop baby in and out as needed?

Marriedladytara
04-10-2006, 06:10 PM
I love my Moby wrap. I think it's a great carrier for a newborn. I like how versatile it is. There are so many ways to wear the baby! People seem to think there's a huge learning curve, but I don't agree, once I learned how, it was easy!

annasmom
04-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Thanks so much for the input. Well, I have my KKAFP, so maybe I will just need some more practice to get the baby in and out more easily. And, the moby wraps are so affordable!! I had no idea! It does look complicated, but SO cozy!! Thanks again!

lenad
04-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Moby, absolutely, I agree with the pp! It really is not hard, it just looks that way. And it is totally poppable and really comfortable. (And you can get it for even less used. Since it doesn't last that long, I'd get a used one.)