PDA

View Full Version : Best option for hip carry with Toddler?

lilbit
05-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Which carrier would you recommend for a hip carry with a 24lbs 18 month old?

I'm looking for something EASY and COMFY for when I'm out and about with my DD. Easy in/out is essential.

I have a Sutemi which I love for longer outings but it is too much fuss/trouble for running from car to store when alone with DD. On a whim I picked up a Combi urban baby carrier a BRU and DD HATES just HATES it.

Should I go for a regular ring sling? I've never tried one but I see pics and the hip carry looks pretty straight forward?

Appreciate your help and suggestions :)

lenad
05-09-2006, 08:27 AM
I use a ring sling. I think a pouch would be even better, but I can't work out the sizing. We have a cotton Zolo and my dd loves it. I like that it has a pocket, so I can put my wallet and keys in there. (DD is 19mo, 22lbs.)

mshen
05-09-2006, 10:48 AM
I second the ring sling recommendation. Easy, fast. Pouch works about the same too, but you'd have to make sure you get the right size. Good luck!
________
MAGIC FLIGHT (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

Florida Mom
05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I just posted this, but I have a sling from www.cortezandco.com and it is super. Very easy and lightweight. I wore my 17 month old 25 pounder for a total of 6 1/2 hours at Disney in it. And I was fine!

Andie

Tondi G
05-15-2006, 03:58 PM
check out www.hotslings.com a pouch would probably work for you.... I have a Mei Tai I am selling cause I just need a hip carry... DS wants down a lot now! Other pouches are Lucky Baby, Peanut shell, slinglings. You may be able to find what you need on the Babywearer sites for sale or trade board for a better price than buying new! Another option would be the Ellaroo Mei Hip!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01 and Aidan 5/4/05

milesmom
05-21-2006, 03:41 AM
I have the Ellaroo and I am not a big fan, I can seem to get it to stay in position... my son is just 9 months and 25lbs and I can seem to get it tight enough comfortablely to hold it in place, also it seems it slides down after a few minutes of wear. We have used it but I am thinking of replacing it with something more sturdy, the Quinny...

lilbit
05-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the replies! Well I bought a ring sling from Jan at sleepingbaby.net and I LOVE it! It's so beautiful and soft and she made it so fast! Little bit of a learning curve since I've never used one before but nothing terrible. Already I can tell DD is MUCH happier in it than the Combi urban baby carrier.

Thanks!

Judegirl
06-07-2006, 02:13 AM
I'd reccommend a good physical therapist. :) My toddler is waaay too heavy for a hip carry without doing some damage!

Jude

samantha546
06-08-2006, 01:41 AM
I love my chiropractor! :)

-Samantha