PDA

View Full Version : How snug should the Hotsling be?

pbj
05-09-2006, 09:40 AM
My son is 4 weeks old today. He seems to enjoy being in the sling but he is very snug in it. It's pretty tricky to get him in it also. I've seen babies in other brands of puches and they don't seem nearly so tight in there. Does it sound like I need to go up a size??

noahsmommy
05-11-2006, 07:08 PM
I used 2 hotslings with my ds. If he seems happy and snug, and you're comfortable, then I would say it's the right size. The hotsling should hug around you, but not enough to cut out your circulation. When he's in the hotsling, the bottom of the sling should be no lower than your waistline. If the bottom is all the way up by your chest, then maybe you might want to try the next size up. Keep in mind that the sling will stretch out over time, and that you'll be able to get him in and out in no time over repeated use. Hope that helps!

http://b2.lilypie.com/9BPpm5/.png[/img][/url]

http://bd.lilypie.com/qQVzm5/.png[/img][/url]

georgiegirl
05-12-2006, 07:09 AM
I have a peanut shell (basically the same thing as a hotsling), and I've been having the same problem as you. It is so difficult to get DD in and out of it. For me, the problem are my boobs. Once she is in, everything is okay, but my boobs get in the way of getting her in and out. I think it will be easier when I can do the other holds with her.

mctlaw
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I would probably consider getting a size up. I will warn you that if it seems really snug now, your baby might not like the cradle hold when he/she gets a little older because of the tight fit. My son Grayson initially loved the sling but now that is 8 weeks, he is more alert, not to mention much bigger, and he wants to be able to move his arms around, as well as look around, so he is not liking the Hotsling at all right now. I am hoping that as soon as his neck gets a little stronger for the front carry where the head and shoulders are out of the sling, he will like it again. (I too have the issue with the boobs getting in the way and the current state of affairs already accounts for me trading in a Size 1 for a Size 3 to accomodate the boobs).