PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' Baby Slings?

becca13
05-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Has anyone tried these slings? They seem really neat as far as adjustablity and style. Just wondering if the higher price tag is justified and how the quality is. Thanks. Bec

robmab719
05-12-2006, 04:47 PM
I have one and I can vouch for the quality. It's very well made and the fabric is wonderful...lightweight, washes well, very vibrant colors. The rings are the heavier metal (not aluminum), but I still find it fairly easy to adjust. I also really like the length. (I'm not a fan of really long tails, and the Rockin' Baby tail hits me at the top of the thigh. I'm 5'8.) My only complaint is that the shoulder tends to bunch a little...it's a different shoulder style than I'm used to, and I haven't totally figured it out yet. Still, it's pretty comfortable once you get the bunchiness out of it.

I actually think the pricetag is fairly reasonable. Yes, you can find cheaper slings, but to get one with stylish fabrics, you have to pay a little more.

I also really like my Chicken Scratch Sling (www.chickenscratchslings.com) and find the shoulder a lot more comfortable, but the price is pretty close to the Rockin' Baby range.

becca13
05-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I live in Maine so I constantly find myself trying to purchase on-line, sight unseen. Thanks for the tail length info, I am 5'9" so it sounds like that would work for me.