PDA

View Full Version : "slim" MT?

tarynsmum
05-17-2006, 09:29 PM
This is my first foray into MTs: I'm mostly using Ring SLings and a Hotsling. Well, my Hotsling is fleece (so it will get retired soon), and the RSs and just kinda boring for me right now.

DD is pretty little. We go for her 4 month WBV tomorrow morning, but my guess is maybe somewhere between 12 and 13 pounds. However, I contribute much of her weight to her head. :) God love her, but the kid's all cheeks :). Anyway, I was looking for a MT that had a somwhat "slim" body, since I'm thinking anything too wide would be uncomfortable for her little legs.

I was also thinking I saw a MT a month or so ago that was an hourglass shape? But I have no idea what it ws or where I saw it or if it would even work for us.

lenad
05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
The hourglass MT is a napsack (napsackbaby.com). Mei Tai Baby MT (meitaibaby.com) has a string so you can scrunch the bottom, so there is less fabric between babies legs. You can also just scrunch any soft material MT (I used a Kozy when my dd was 3mo and she was fine).

nfowife
05-18-2006, 02:24 PM
My DD is slim (not as slim as yours since she's older now though) and we have a MTB. I really love it, it's so comfy to wear! It has the adjustable bottom for more leg freedom. I love mine!

mommyoftwo
05-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I have a super tiny child as well and the freehand MT works great for us. It's nice and narrow so it doesn't swallow her up but incredibly supportive as well.

tarynsmum
05-18-2006, 08:08 PM
napsack! HA! thanks! (not that it helps my quest, but I thought it was really cool looking and no matter what, worth a try)