PDA

View Full Version : looking for opinions on the infantino SlingRider

UofIx3
06-07-2006, 01:20 AM
Given the size difference between my wife and I--nearly 10 inches--we're thinking of trying the sling, rather than a front carrier.

The infantino SlingRider was on sale at Target and we grabbed it.

Any experiences out there? As you might imagine, I'm particularly interested in couples with considerable height difference :)

Thanks in advance!

ilfaith
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I bought an Infantino sling from Target for my son about two years ago (I'm not sure if the design has changed since).

I am 5'2" and my husband is 6'. When I attempted to carry our son the sling hung far too low (below my hips) to be comfortable or to feel properly supported. The sling fit my tallish, stockyish husband much better.

I wouldn't recommend the Infantino if your wife is petite. You'd probably do better with some sort of adjustable ring sling.

lenad
07-05-2006, 05:46 PM
I was loaned an Infantino by a friend. I found it only ok in comfort for me, but my daughter absolutely hated it. So we gave it up. I would recommend a Mei Tai. They are far more comfortable and you will definitely be able to share it with your wife (and my daughter happened to like them as opposed to the commercial carriers).

HTH

tarynsmum
07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
If this is the sling I'm thinking of, it's padded, right? I think I tried it when DD was newborn-ish (probably about a month old) and really didn't like it. My short self and a padded sling did not mix. Plus, DD was kind of a peanut, and I felt like the padded rails swallowed her up, KWIM? I returned it and I think that's when I bought my maya RS and there was no looking back.

FWIW, I'm about 5'2 and my husband is about 6 foot. We both can use the medium maya without a problem (I like my tail longish, past my hip, and he hates the flowyness altogether and usually tucks the little bit of tail he has in).

I have a couple mei tais now (feeding my addiction ;)), but I didn't really think they were all that great for DD as a newborn. She just wasn't into it, and only now is starting to feel the love. The first time I put her in a sling though (in a cradle position), she fell right to sleep. I mostly use a mei tai (or front carrier in general) for walks and longer shopping trips (it suits us better).

HTH