PDA

View Full Version : A good quality adjustable pouch? Where to buy?

noahsmommy
06-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I've got 2 pouch slings (A cotton stretch and fleece from hotslings.com) from my first preganancy. While I love them, I do remember wishing that I could adjust them without doing the shoulder flip. Basically the pouches worked great in the beginning, as I lost more weight (thanks to bf'ing!) I had to flip the shoulder to get it tighter. Then, it was just too lose, and I didn't really want to go buy another one a size smaller. It's been 2 years since then, and I'm just wondering what is new and improved out there that I can use for at least the first year, while my weight goes back to it's prepregnancy size (hopefully!) Any suggestions?

Ann

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20040519_-6_Noah+is.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car220np___.png[/img][/url]

knaidel
06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
I am not 100% sure what you are talking about. A pouch that it adjustable as you lose weight, or a pouch where the top rail is adjustable to bring in for a closer fit? The two are different.

If you are looking for an adjustable fit pouch, there is something called a Mamma's Milk Invisible adjustable pouch that seems to get good reviews. It has velcro for adjusting. There is the classic Kanagaroo Corner adjustable pouch, but unless you live in the North Pole, you probably dont want a fleece pouch in the summer. That being said, most people who are really into pouches will tell you that an adjustable pouch isn't as comfy as a pouch in your side. Would you consider buying two used pouches instead of one new? One for now, and then one later?

If you are looking for a pouch with an adjustable top rail- that's all I use, I hate the shoulder flip-- then check out the Zolowear pouch or Happy slings pouch. I own one of each and each has a button to adjust the top rail.

noahsmommy
06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Oh, I meant an adjustable pouch to bring in for a closer fit. I thought the circumference of the pouch affects the "fit" of the pouch to your body. Or, rather the depth of the pouch. After wearing DS for most of his first year, my Hotslings felt looser, and I found I had to tighten, or bring in my top rail for a closer fit with the shoulder flip. But after awhile, it just wasn't working well. I thought it was just due to my weight loss. But maybe my pouches where just getting stretched out? Also, could you clarify on the adjustable pouch vs. a pouch on your side? Does that refer to the position you're wearing your DC?

I did happen to browse MMIAP and KCAP, and there was a smart suggestion to measure for a pouch after the baby's born.

In terms of the adjustable top rail, which I definetely know I need, is there one you prefer over the other with the Zolo and Happy slings pouch? I also disliked having to use the shoulder flip.
Ann

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogard20040519_-6_Noah+is.png[/img][/url]

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/car220np___.png[/img][/url]

knaidel
06-13-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm sorry, that was supposed to read "a pouch in your size", not side! A pouch that's made for your size (measuring from the shoulder to opposite hip) is usually going to be more comfortable than wearing an adjustable one.
I don't really have a preference between my Zolo and Happy Slings pouches, I like them both.

lenad
06-13-2006, 11:15 AM
With all my reading, I didn't know Zolo pouch can adjust how close the top rail is. I use a RS because my dd likes the top rail really loose, and I can tighten the bottom rail so she is as high as I like her to be. So in the Zolo/Happy Slings, could I have the top rail loose? (I would love to have something smaller than a RS to tote around.)

megulis
07-04-2006, 12:54 PM
I like the Maya Adjustable Pouch. It is something I carry around in case. (If you want a medium, I have one available.) For warmer weather, I like my Mom and Me pouch, but for the warmer months I think it is too warm.

Laundraholic
07-04-2006, 07:50 PM
I found with my Maya adjustable pouch, the zipper keeps unzipping itself... so I start up with DD being nice and high in a cradle carry and within 10 minutes she's flopping around near my waist.

JacksMommy
07-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I fyou are looking for summer weight material, one that hasn't been mentioned here is the tentoes adjustable pouch www.tentoes.com - I don't have personal experience with them but have heard good things at thebabywearer about it and it looks intriguing!

If you don't mind the heat of fleece, I can't recommend the KKAFP highly enough. Everyone I've given it to loves it and it's stretchiness accomodates small changes in size while the snap adjustments accomodate larger ones.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

megulis
07-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Have you contacted the company? That has never happened to me!