PDA

View Full Version : hotsling/cotton pouch question

nicknack
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Is the hotsling more stretchy than the Lucky Baby? I mean the cotton one (not sure if they have other versions). \

Here's the scoop: I've only been using my KKAFP with Maeve and we both love it. But it's getting too hot around here to use it, so I wanted a cotton one. Ordered a LB sling and I'm not thrilled. I can't tell if it's too big or what, and it just feels so weird not to have any stretch or give to it. And the part of the sling that is against my stomach is way smaller than the KKAFP, and I don't like that, doesn't seem to give as much support (if that makes sense).

So am I doomed to compare every cotton sling to my KKAFP? I'd really like something soon for the summer, but maybe I should just do a MT instead. Arg.

Suggestions? Oh, Maeve is about 3 months old.

Thanks!
Nicole

sdbc
06-14-2006, 12:59 PM
This doesn't answer your question, but I loved the KKACP. I also had a hotsling. The hotsling was a "shallower" pouch. I prefered the KKACP for my daughter until she was old enough to be in the hip-carry. Once I started the hip-carry, I preferred the hotsling.
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

JacksMommy
06-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Sadly, KKAFP lovers have difficulty finding a pouch they love quite as much as the KKAFP. I tried hotslings, a peanut shell cotton, a KKACP, an MMIAP and didn't love any of them.

The closest thing I've found is the slingset www.theslingset.com (I think that the URL), although I probably needed to get a much smaller size because I like a tight high carry. It was great with support although I found having two pieces to be annoying when compared with my AFP.

KK now makes an adjustable mesh pouch which is supposedly stretchy - that might be worth a shot although the color selection is quite limited.

Peanut Shell makes stretch jersey pouches that I've heard nice things about. You might want to e-mail them as I haven't seen any on their site lately. Alicia said at one point that she'd be coming out with more for summer.

We use our MT more these days so I haven't tried these out (with the exception of the slingset) but hopefully these are some leads you can follow up on!

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

samantha546
06-15-2006, 03:39 PM
I haven't used a KKAFP but love my Hotslings (and that's not just because I sell them ;) ). I'd advise against the reversible Hotslings as they don't have much give. The cotton pouches are great (ones with lycra/spandex in them) as they have more give/stretch to it.

I did try a cotton twill PS early on but hated it because there was no give. There was no way I could get DD in it. So I sold it and bought a microfleece one. Loved it until DD got super sweaty in it.

-Samantha

-- oh forgot to add that I've had some people say they love their Karma BAby pouches.. might be worth looking into ;)

nicknack
06-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks Samantha! I just asked you a question in another thread not remmebering that you had talked about Hotslings here, so you can disregard the other one...sorry!