PDA

View Full Version : I'm having buyer's remorse over my SBP ring sling order.

sbjf
07-02-2006, 07:53 PM
I wanted a pink silk Zolo, even bought it, but then the next day they called me to say that it was not available after all (they had sold it on thebabywearer.com already). I couldn't decide what other silk brocade to get so I decided to just get a Sleeping Baby Productions silk ring sling instead. It would be less money, they have great reveiws, and I was able to get a pinkish colored one (pink chocolate I think it's called).

Since then I've been looking at pics that moms have posted on thebabywearer.com site and I think the SBP ones do not look nearly as beautiful as the Zolo ones. So now I'm regretting my purchase. I think I'd have been better off getting a Zolo in another color.

Does anyone here have (or have had) both a Zolo and SBP silk ring sling? Tell me what you think please, how do they truly compare?

Thanks, ladies.

PS...if you have any pics of yourself wearing a SBP silk ring sling I would love to see them. It was kind of hard to really get an idea what these sling/colors/fabrics look like from Jan's website since all they show is the swatch of color, not the whole sling or someone actually even wearing it like Zolo does.

sbjf
07-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I just posted this but it is at the bottom of the page...anyone know why?? Is something wrong with this board?

daisymommy
07-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Well, I think Zolo slings are some of the prettiest ones out there. BUT I think that my Sleeping Baby slings are the easiest, most comfortable slings that I have in my whole collection!

I personally HATE the shoulder design of the Zolo sling, and find adjusting it so frustrating that I swear I'll never use it again each time I wear it. Too bad since I have 3 of them!--which I bought because I just couldn't resist how pretty they were, and hoping that someday I would finally get the hang of using them--but now 1 year later, Nope!

Jan does a wonderful job sewing, and her slings are very nicely done. I am sure you will still love your pink sling :) Plus, they are wonderful to wear.

dbianca23
07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
one thing about the silk zolo's -- they're not that easy to adjust. the 2 layers of silk always get bunched and twisted in mine. it's fine for special occasions, but i would never use it as an everyday sling.

kensjen
07-08-2006, 06:09 PM
I think you will love your SBP sling. Her shoulder design is fantastic and so comfortable. Her prices are also great.

I love my cotton zolos, but the silk one...not so much. It is very hard to adjust, and it so warm that I can only wear it in the winter. They are pretty, but I have seen lots of silk slings as pretty or even prettier (have you seen an Oopa?! OMG, gorgeous!)

I think you made a great choice. Love to see a photo when you get it, that pink chocolate looks pretty! Actually the pics over at TBW is what made me realize how pretty Jan's slings really are.

ShellB
07-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Jan does fab work! I love her shoulder and I am very ring challenged. Zolos are gorgeous, but harder to work with. Oopas, well, oh my!

swt2th1
07-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Actually, my silk zolo is the one I usually grab. Mine is soft, broken in and I hardly need to adjust it, just pop the babe in and out. I wear mine at the grocery store, for a walk in the park, chasing my 2 yr old around, etc. I use it as an everyday sling and wear it with everything from jeans, shorts, to skirts. They are sewn SO well, the most supportive one I own and just beautiful.

Having just expressed my love for the Zolo, I can't rave enough about SBP, too. :) I prefer Jan's shoulder to the Zolo, and SBP can't be beat for custom orders.