PDA

View Full Version : New to babycarriers: Need advice from experienced mommies

jarrettsmom9705
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi, although my DS is 10 months old, I'm new to the babycarrying experience. I've had a BB carrier since he was born but haven't used it very often. When I went to use it today at a museum, I found that
1) He liked facing out, but didn't like the confinment of the BB
2) My back really began to kill me after a short period of time
3) It was a pain in the rear to have to take him out to nurse and then put him back in to carry him around
4) I ended up taking off the BB and carrying him on my hip as usual

I really want something that I could use while carrying him on my hip that would also feel secure (like he wouldn't fall out) and would free up my hands if needed. I saw Kate Hudson wearing a wrap of some sort with her son in a magazine but don't know what it was.

I would appreciate some advice from you experience babycarrying mamas.
Thanks,
Tracy

samantha546
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Tracy,
We love our Ergo but you can't face out in it. Since it looks like you'd be more comfortable with your baby on your hip, you might want to look into a pouch sling like Hotslings. You'd also be able to wear it a couple different ways as well as manuevering to nurse in it.

There's the Mei Hip but it is a hip carrier only. I'm not sure what Kate Hudson had on but wraps are nice as well because it holds the babes securely and there's better weight distribution. But it doesn't have a good "popability" feature and can be a PIA to put on and take off. A ring sling would also be another consideration. With your son at an older age, it might be nicer to have something that adjusts.

Hope I didn't confuse you too much! Let me know if you'd like more info on a carrier I mentioned :)

Samantha

jarrettsmom9705
07-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Samantha,
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at the Mei Hip since I think that it would be the easiest to wear. If you know of a great online store that would have a discount (I've signed up with Babywearers) or a great price on the Mei Hip could you let me know?
Thanks,
Tracy