PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback for Baby Bjorn!

kulamimi12
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
I am a mom-to-be and looking for feedback of Baby Bjorn original carrier. I got one from Marshall's today for only $43. I know it's a pretty good deal, but I am more looking for user feedback than price wise. Any suggestion will be welcome. =)

http://bd.lilypie.com/1Cu1m7.png

h4ppy_girl
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
I think the Baby Bjorn is great! We used it quite a bit with our first baby. I do think the active may be better for support but the orginal works fine. My little took many a nap in his during the first few weeks of this life!

Great find, great price!

jillmk
09-14-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi,
We used the Bjorn for our first DD and loved it. Then when we had twins I also bought a Hotsling and a Babyhawk Mei Tai. LOVE LOVE LOVE the mei tai!!! It is so much more comfortable than the Bjorn. I can wear it for 4+ hours instead of <1 hour. My DH just bought a Babyhawk too, since I was tired of him taking mine and leaving me with the Bjorn! Much more flexible, too, since you can wear it on your back. That being said, I did really like the Bjorn before I tried anything else. And I'm not sure I would've liked the Babyhawk with a newborn (which is why I had the Hotsling.) I think that you'd be happy with it, but there are better options out there. There is lots of info at http://www.thebabywearer.com/ (although the site is a little overwhelming at first!). Good luck with your pregnancy and congratulations!

JacksMommy
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Baby Bjorn was great for me until DS was 20 lbs at 6 months and it started to hurt my back. Some physical therapists don't like the BB for the way the baby dangles from the crotch instead of being supported through under the bum. But there is no evidence that this harms children and the Bjorn is very popular.

I would not myself purchase a BB since it has such a short life (esp for the price but you got a great deal!) - I'd go for a carrier that can be used on the hip or back as well, like the ERGO. Although for a newborn, nothing beats a cozy fleece pouch, IMO...

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

kaycee14
09-14-2006, 11:24 PM
So far I quite like mine. There have been times it was the only way to get my DD to go to sleep for nap. Her head control is now good enough that I took her for a walk today facing forward. She loved it and looked around at everything. I'm not certain how comfortable it will be as she gets bigger. It may be fine though I do wish it had a waist belt. I think that would help as she gets heavier.

Kathy
Mommy to a wonderful baby girl
http://b1.lilypie.com/IX8zm7.png

samantha546
09-15-2006, 04:33 AM
We got the active carrier and didn't use it until DD was about 5 months old, which was about when we finally felt her spine was formed enough to support her weight. But I gotta tell ya, we used it a few times and it just KILLED us. DD wasn't too fond of being front facing and I wasn't fond of her dangling off my body. So it had a very short lifespan.

We tried a bunch of different carriers and fell in love with our Ergo. It actually gave us support and it felt sooo comfortable. Plus, it was less expensive than the Active Bjorn!

elephantmeg
09-15-2006, 07:37 AM
I think bjorn is great for the newborn phase until you can use an ergo (~4 months). Great price and you wont regret it!

MamaParis
09-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I used a bjorn for all 3 of my kids and love it.

For my first I wore it until she was about a year old - for my second maybe until he was baout 10 months old and I still wear it for #3 who is abot 6 months old.

I find it more comfortable than most slings - but thats just me. I hate feeling lopsided and my babies always preferred to face outward and kick their feet and not inward towards me.

I tried out the Mei tais and while i liked them - I still prefer my bjorn, easier for me to use and I couldn't stand the tied straps on the MTs.

I do also have a few pouches that I just love as well! No extra fabric danglling everywhere (can't STAND that) like the ring slings have and its fitted to fit me just perfect. I like my pouches for the very early newborn stage where they are all cradled in there ... andthen for the hip riding stage.

I find the pouch uncomfotable for anything else and prefer the bjorn or my stroller in those instances.