PDA

View Full Version : KKAFP details

jyllebean
11-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I am planning on buying the KKAFP for my newborn due in Jan. I'm just wondering if this pouch folds up small and easily to fit in a diaper bag or if it is bulky?

Also, if anyone has a strong preference between the KKAFP and the microfleece Peanut Shell I would like to hear about it. They both have gotten great reviews, but thinking the adjustable might be easier to use. Thanks!

Momof3Labs
11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
It is kinda bulky, takes up the space of a polar fleece baby blanket, give or take. I usually stuff mine in the stroller basket rather than the diaper bag.

I prefer the adjustable pouch since your size changes a lot postpartum over a short time period, plus you'll use different holds as baby grows that may require a larger or smaller pouch size.

daisymommy
11-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I absolutely prefer the KKAFP to the peanut shell (which I returned because it just doesn't do it for me!). The fit, quality, and of course adjustability was so much better.

And I agree, it's sort of bulky to try to fit into a diaper bag. I usually just drape it over top of my diaper bag between the handles if I'm not wearing it.

JacksMommy
11-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I like both the KKAFP and the PS, but prefer the KKAFP if you are only getting one. If you love it, then you might get a PS microfleece for the diaper bag - they are very trim and tiny. I agree that the KKAFP is a bit big for the diaper bag. Half the time I just leave it on or put it with my coat.

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

SlingMama11
11-10-2006, 05:53 PM
What I like about the KKFP is that it is adjustable. It does not fold up as small as a PS but the adjustable will help you to get the perfect fit. If you get the wrong size with the PS it means you would have to exchange it.

I have a medium kkfp and most people fit in that size so its easy to share as well