PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Carrier

susan724
12-01-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm thinking of getting the Ergo carrier but read a post that it may not be so comfortable for smaller people. I'm on the smaller side 5'2 and thin and have had alot of trouble with our Bjorn Active carrier. Can anyone advise? TIA

wencit
12-01-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm 5'1, and have had absolutely no problems with the Ergo. It's quite adjustable and very comfy. OTOH, I hated my Bjorn (though it was a regular and not the Active version).

samantha546
12-02-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm of smaller build and LOVE the ERGO. It rocks.

pittsburghgirl
12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
I actually had a problem with the Ergo because I'm bigger -- the wide waistband cut into my ribcage because of my extra wide rear/hip area which makes me a little short-waisted.) If I was thin, I would have loved it!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://b3.lilypie.com/CSwdm4.png

Java
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm 5'3" and 105lbs, and can use the Ergo comfortably. I had to wait until DD was bigger though. I felt she was swallowed in the pack and even now at 8 months (14lbs) she's still a little lost in there. I use a rolled up blanket under her bottom to boost her up.

It really depends (IMO) on how long your torso is. If you are short torsoed then I think it won't be as comfortable. If that's the case, then you could cinch the waist belt more on your hips.

floridamommy
01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm 5'4 and am usually a size 2/4 (pregnant right now) and the Ergo is great for me. I used to use it ALL the time, but I actually now use my Becopack and Loveseat Buckletai more than the Ergo. Both are the exact same concept of the Ergo with buckles, etc....but have much better patterns, color choices. I have a custom of each with fabric I chose and LOVE them. They are just as comfy as my Ergo and definitely my "go to" carriers for DD who is about 22 lbs. Links to their websites can be found at the babywearer.com or you could probably find one on their FSOT board. Alternatively, I do not think you could go wrong with an Ergo.