PDA

View Full Version : KKAFP?

cmjnc
01-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I think I've figured out that this stands for Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch... I live in Texas where it's HOT, my baby is due at the end of June when it's REALLY HOT, and I just don't foresee being comfortable in fleece. Is the Adjustable Cotton Pouch not just as good?

Thanks!
Camille

JacksMommy
01-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Thoughts vary on the KKACP. I tried it once and didn't love it anywhere as much as the AFP. The material on the one I had wasn't very stretchy. I sold it and haven't tried it again since. I think the comfort of a pouch depends on two things, fit and material. The fleece is good material because it has stretch to it. KK may have some stretchier materials and if so, I'd go for those. You might also consider a hotslings (which I didn't love) or a Peanut Shell - their solid stretchy slings (the buttery, wisteria, chocolate and black) have a lot of lycra to them which gives them great comfort.

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

sarasprings
01-07-2007, 09:15 AM
I loved my kkafp and really liked my kkacp. My kkacp had some stretch, but after using stretchy fleece, nothing is like it. I am really, really glad we had it, though, because of the heat (but I don't think I would have loved it for a newborn -- it was great for 4 months+). Right now I'm using a hemp fleece pouch, which is cooler than regular fleece, but doesn't have the give. If I was having a baby in the heat, I'd go for a jersey pouch, even though you won't get as much use out of it in the long run because it's so stretchy.

jenjenfirenjen
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm originally from Texas so I know the heat of which you speak, lol. I went down there for family reunion with my newborn this past summer and we were quite happy in a solarveil hotsling. It is very lightweight and breathable. It also offers some UV protection and has a bit of stretch. The summers are pretty hot here in Philly too and my babe lived in the solarveil pouch for the first few months of his life.