PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' my Hotsling, but poor DD's head!

LarsMal
01-31-2007, 11:44 AM
Man, do I love my Hotsling! It is so nice to be able to give DS the attention he needs/wants and still have DD close to me (and both hands free). I used my Bjorn some with DS, but I hated the way his legs dangled free. I love that DD is so snuggly in the sling.

My problem is that I keep bonking her head on stuff! Last night I went to pick something up off the kitchen table and nailed her head on the corner of the chair. Today I used it in the grocery store and I must have bonked her head 2 or 3 times (not hard, but stil). I feel so bad!

I guess I just need to be more aware of where she is or start holding her head while I lean in for stuff. Anyone else have this issue, or is it just me not paying enough attention?!

tarynsmum
01-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I loved my hotsling when DD was little too (and still have one that I use on quick errand trips, cuz it's easy and poppable).

I remember the early days when DD would get bumped accidentally, I think it's mostly that you just get used to having that extra part of your body there. To explain it better, maybe, is that when I was pregnant, my tummy popped suddenly overnight, and for the next few weeks I was constantly bumping it into door jams and whatnot. I also remember once when I had DD on my back for one the first times at the zoo, and I was backing up to let a little kid look at the gorillas, and I backed right into the wall, totally forgetting DD was back there (oops! I got some REALLY weird looks that time!)

I think you just get used to it more, after using it more and DC getting bigger.