PDA

View Full Version : Chicco carrier

Eileen
02-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Has anyone tried the Chicco infant carrier? I'm curious to see how it compares to the Bjorn or Ergo. Thanks.
Eileen

tarynsmum
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I've never seen one IRL, but I just did a google search, and I'm going to say it looks a lot like a Bjorn or a Snugli, with a strange canopy (I don't think te canopy would work well unless you had a super small baby, then it would be too short, IMO).

I would say to pass on it, it doesn't have much along the lines of back support (since there's no waist belt like on an Ergo) and the straps are really thin, which doesn't provide a lot of support.

As for the whole Bjorn-like carrier in general (the line of crotch-dangling carriers like including all Bjorns, Snuglis, et all): They put unatural stress on a infants spine and has them dangling at the crotch along with unatural stress on the users back. You wouldn't hold your kid under their armpits right in front of you and not have immense pain in your back and that is essentially what the Bjorn does. The best position is for the bum to be lower than the knees and be wrapped around you for good spine and hip development. Not too mention their not fashionable and a horrible price for what you get....you can't use it on your back, and they have a lower weight limit than pretty much any other 'good' carrier out there...that's about it. I would SO go for an Ergo, which is about the same price as a Bjorn or cheaper, you can use it a lot longer and it's better for everyone involved. :)

Oh, and this carryis just crazy. Looks totally uncomfortable and kinda scary. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/tarynsmum/Chiccocarrier.jpg

I know this is way more information than you could ever want, but, well, it's there for the reading.