PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Baby or Hotslings?

NinaB
02-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I can't decide which to order. What is your experience if you've used either sling?

samantha546
03-01-2007, 04:49 AM
I think they're very similar. Not sure if LB has a padded leg rail or not but I really like that in the Hotslings.

I say just go with what pattern appeals to you best! ;)

Canna
03-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I had both and the LB just fit me really perfectly for some reason. I ended up getting two of those.

QueenBee
03-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I have one of each and love the padded leg rail. Another brand to check out is Slinglings.com. The quality is fabulous and if you buy two you get the third free. She offers them with padded or unpadded rail.
http://www.slinglings.com

Beth

hipmaman
03-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Can you share what is it about the padded leg rail that you like? What are the benefits with padded rail? And what is leg rail, lol?

Thanks.

QueenBee
03-13-2007, 04:55 PM
The rail is the edge of the carrier. Some carriers have a bit of padding on the inner rail (the side against your body). The padding offers a little bit more comfort/padding to babies thighs, when you do a hip carry (carring baby on your side, with the sling acting as a seat and legs sticking out the bottom stradling your hip). Hip carries are done with older babies (head control) and toddlers, great for when they want up and down a lot.

Some kids don't seem to care if the rail is padded or not.
HTH,
Beth

Laundraholic
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
I've had both and I've liked them both for different reasons.

The LB was less expensive, but I found the sizing to run big... when DD was first born, according to the LB website I should have ordered a S, but a friend did and it was HUGE. Almost in between sizes 2 and 3 Hotslings.
I ordered a XS instead (and get compliments on the cocoa circles pattern all the time) and I found its now slightly big now that DD is in hipcarry. Even though I shrunk it in the dryer, I find I still have to do the shoulder flip.

I probably would have prefered the stretch of the Hotslings when DD was younger and in a cradle carry. Sometimes with the LB there seemed to be "excess fabric" around her face, because it didn't "mould" do her shape.

I haven't so far found that the padded leg rail makes a difference, besides taking up more room in the diaper bag...
But now that the warmer weather is coming and DD will be in shorts and skirts, my opinion may change on that =P