PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a sling color :)

daisymommy
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
I currently have a Moby Wrap in Lilac that I just never wear because it seems too fru-fru for lack of better words. I want something a bit more stylish. I wear alot of earth toned clothing--khaki, brown, olive, black. I can't decide between:

-black (too dark for Spring/Summer fashion and heat though?)
-chocolate (again, too dark?)
-sienna/rust
-red
-forest (might clash with my many olive things)
-moss

http://www.mobywrap.com/swatches.php

And I'm thinking of a new Maya Wrap padded sling as well for Summer time breathability. I love that strawberry pink color, but think it may be a bit impractical as well. Opinions? I also like the green color one, but many things in my closet are olive, so I don't want to be too matchy-matchy.

What do you all like?

katiesmommy
04-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I've always just bought black carriers. They go with everything, I've never had a problem with them being to hot. I carried my DD when she was 2 months old in a black new native in 112 degree weather, and it was fine. Not sure about a moby wrap though, might get hot.

daisymommy
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks Sarah. I actually meant is the color itself too dark in the fashion sense of the word. But now that you mention it, whether or not it was too dark temperature wise would have been my next question! So I guess you actually answered 2 questions for me-- Black is okay for Summer heat and fashion! :)

More opinions?

JacksMommy
04-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Red or sienna would be beautiful with the clothes you wear. I've always had black and it's been great. Chocolate brown is a great neutral also, I'd probably do that if I was in the market again.

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

new_mommy25
04-18-2007, 03:33 AM
The Sienna is super pretty IRL. It is one of my favorites. The moss is also really nice. I would choose one of those for the summer.

The Maya LP is a really nice sling. And I love the strawberry pink color. It's so much fun!! Of course I am the queen of impractical when it comes to slings so I am the wrong person to comment. I tend to wear neutral clothes and then a fun, funky sling. If you love the strawberry then go for it! They do really well on resale if you change your mind.