PDA

View Full Version : Quick words of wisdom please!

MarisaSF
04-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Before I exchange it, I wanted to see if my assumption could be confirmed here.
I live in AZ. It's already 100 degrees and my baby is due any day.
I was recently gifted a brand new Moby Wrap -- but it is Navy blue. I've heard that Mobys are hot in general... do you think a lighter color would be any better? Honestly, I'll probably use it most indoors (air conditioning) and thus can use it with just a bra/tank top or shirtless.

Exchange or no?

mommymy
04-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't think a lighter color would be any different. If you are using it indoors then the heat that is generated is from the wrap around you not from the dark color absorbing more of the heat rays (from the sun if you were outside). I think you should be fine if you are using it indoors with air conditioning. They are super comfy. Just my thoughts.

MarisaSF
04-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks!
As a follow-up question ... if I *were* to use it outdoors, would a lighter color provide any relief from the heat? That is, are all Moby Wraps too warm at baseline to want to wear outside in extreme summer heat (100+ degrees).

tarynsmum
04-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Personally, I think a Moby would be too hot. Newborns have enough difficulty regulating their body temperatures as it is, and I would be afraid of overheating.

MarisaSF
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
It would be okay indoors though?) (Air conditioning keeps the house at ~78 degrees.)

What might you suggest for a newborn carrier outdoors in extreme heat? (Just keep them indoors, right? ;)) I have several slings and a Kozy... hope they will suffice, but if you have a wonderful rec, I'm all ears.

Any other suggestions? Attached to Baby said the Hug-A-Bub is a thinner/lighter stretchy wrap, but it's $50 more expensive than the Moby. Yikes!

I would love an Ellaroo, but am hoping the Moby will be my "starter wrap" before making the investment in the Ellaroo.

val01
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I am in Virginia with hot and humid summers. I have the Hotsling and a Mammas Milk pouch. I think that both will be fine this summer. I bought mine used off the FSOT board at the baby wearer website!

Valerie