PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: slinging through the airport

MamaMolly
06-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Hi Mamas,
Just wanted to say how nice it was to use the sling (a New Native) to get through security at the airport. We took the stroller and used it to drag around all the hand carry luggage ;) . I was able to keep DD in the sling, no fuss, no questions, to go through the metal detector. I was very careful in how I dressed and to make sure I had NO metal on what so ever, other than the zipper on my pants, just to be on the safe side.
Yay! It was so easy and cuddily too!

JacksMommy
06-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Yay! That sounds lovely. I have always had to take my child out of the sling. sigh!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

jillc
06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
me, too.

maestramommy
07-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Isn't it great? I've done it with a meitai and I've gone through security also. Well, once I had to take it out, but the TSA agent's coworkers scolded him with a, "why did you tell her to take the baby out? She doesn't need to do that?" No matter. I put her back on, and they thought it was the greatest trick ever :-)

shilo
07-27-2007, 02:35 AM
i was only about 50/50 with TSA agents letting me sling sam thru security in his first year (mmm, 4 round trips or so?). makes it so much easier to collect stuff, get shoes back on, clear out in a timely manner, etc. when they just let you leave the baby on. sigh.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

samantha546
07-28-2007, 01:55 AM
It's great when security lets you keep the kids in the slings for sure! This time around, we used the ERGO.. and surprisingly, no issues. :) At one point, one of the agents signaled for me to take the pack off but the other agent saw that I had dd in there and they let me through. Wish it wasn't so hit or miss though!