PDA

View Full Version : bEco?

bubbaray
07-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Anyone have both a bEco and an Ergo? Comparisons??? I've checked out TBW -- wow, information overload.

Anyone with a bEco have quality issues with it? I'm thinking about getting a 4G bEco in Carnival. It would be new stock as the place I'm getting it is out of stock for a couple of weeks.

I really love my Ergo. Except for the cranberry color, which really should be called rust or russet. I should have gotten the organic denim -- always go with your gut instinct! :) Anyway, I was thinking something like the Ergo (which fits me fine), but in a print. I'd love a Connecta, but am trying to figure out how to procure one from the UK (they don't sell to the US or Canada for some reason).

TIA

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

JacksMommy
07-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Don't have a beco myself but have generally heard great things. Some people prefer them over ERGOs, others prefer ERGO, it's a bit of a tossup and seems to vary a lot.

Have you checked the Choosing and Using an Asian-Inspired or Soft Structured Carrier Forum? There are several posts comparing the two on there. I just posted to a thread like this offering several recent threads.

Sorry I can't be of more help! You may just have to try one and see!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

new_mommy25
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I've owned both. I like both. They are a bit different. The Ergo has a shorter body and is a little more bulky. It has a pocket in the front that is fantastic. I can put my wallet, keys, cell in there and not need to carry a purse. The hood is every easy to put on yourself. It's pretty comfortable.

The Beco goes up higher and the back and is sleeker. It has padding in the thigh area which makes it comfy and reduces red marks. The body is slightly contoured. The waist band is in three portions to really contour around your waist whereas the Ergo is all one piece. The hood is removable. The Beco has much prettier prints. FYI, Beco is redesigning at the moment and the new models should be out soon. So you may want to get the 4th gen. or you may want to wait and get the latest version.

I find them both very comfortable. I think the the Ergo is very slightly more comfortable but I find myself reaching for the Beco more because it's prettier.

bubbaray
07-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Thank you so much -- I didn't know they were redesigning!

Do you know if the 5th G will come in the Carnival print???

TIA
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

annasmom
07-13-2007, 06:48 AM
So, are you going to get the Beco???? Keep us posted!! I am thinking about getting one for the Fall.

new_mommy25
07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure. You can try emailing them through the ecobabies website. The owner is really helpful.