PDA

View Full Version : Any other new carriers out there that I MUST HAVE? :)

SASM
07-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I have two carriers that I LOVED with DD, BUT it has been almost 2.5 years since I've had a newborn. I am just curious if there are any new carriers out there that would be awesome for this time around? I think that I am just asking for trouble ~ that is why I am posting here first as opposed to TBW. :)

Baby is due at the end of September. I have a KKAFP (again...LOVE it!) and a "vintage" (I guess) Kozy that I'll probably start using around 4 mo (or so). I still occasionally use the Kozy with DD in the back carry. I do not love ring slings and I have had a Mobywrap that shrank on me.

TIA!

bubbaray
07-25-2007, 03:37 PM
I love my Ergo. I'm waiting on a Beco. I've tried a few and honestly, I'm not a sling person. So, that is my bias. I have a Babyhawk MT that I really like once I get it on, but honestly, I prefer the soft-structured carriers for ease of use when I'm putting the baby on in a parking lot or whatever.

HTH

Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

JacksMommy
07-25-2007, 04:16 PM
There are some pretty cool SSCs out there that are as pretty as MTs with similar functionality to the ERGO. Some newish ones are Beco, AngelPack LX and a super new, not-even-released (due mid-August) Pikkolo by Catbird Baby.

The KKAFP is a gold standard in pouches, so you have it made as far as pouches are concerned. Unless you want some pretty hotslings!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Owner, Carry Me Away

SASM
07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Ohhh..this is going to be fun if I get more replies! :) I have no idea what a Beco is but I am going to find out right now! :)

I actually had a Hotsling years ago when Kristen first started making them ~ bought it for $15 (!!!) and then tried a solarviel for DD's first summer. I honestly didn't love it b/c it didn't feel as secure as the KKAFP ~ even with the shoulder flip it didn't feel quite secure enough for me. :( LOVE her patterns, though! SO FUN!

table4three
07-26-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm anxiously waiting for the pikkolo to come out.
http://catbirdbaby.blogspot.com/

I've gotten sucked into that board you mentioned and it is dangerous! :)

DS - 2
DD - coming this summer!

JacksMommy
07-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Yes, I've heard great things about the Pikkolo. It's especially cool that it can adjust for forward facing!

Laurel

Owner, Carry Me Away

SASM
07-26-2007, 09:03 PM
So...The Pikkolo has me intrigued. How does it vary from a regular MT, other than the buckles, the forward facing out carry, and the hood? Is the body going to be narrower than the Kozy? I am just so used to tying the MT and not using a "forward facing out" carry that I am not sure about it for me. Very intriguing, though!!! :)

Just curious... :)

JacksMommy
07-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Here's what I know:

The Pikkolo is much narrower. It's only about 13"-14" wide (I think a Kozy is 17"?) and can narrow to 7" with the cinch cords. Also, the webbing coming out from the curved panels is sewn into an X beneath the print fabric panel to provide the kind of support that you would get with a lexi twist without having to tie anything.

Stylistically, it's unlike any other current MT or buckle carrier (that I know of) since it has with the curved panel (whose edges have grosgrain piping), and functionally, since the panel is curved, the buckles can actually adjust onto the front of the carrier entirely.

I'm supposed to be getting an early sample, so I'll post back here when I find out for myself.

Laurel

Owner, Carry Me Away

shilo
07-27-2007, 02:32 AM
egads, is that gorgeous or what. i've been toying with the idea of a ssc forever as i still sling sam around on occasion for convenience, but he's finally getting heavy enough that it's a little hard for me for prolonged time or distance. if it's as good as you've heard once you get your hands on one, can you please, please, pretty please pm me if/when you get them in your store? i'm lusting after that blue/cream/brown paisley pattern on black that's on her "production sample" at the top of the blog.

lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

JacksMommy
07-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Absolutely!

Laurel

Owner, Carry Me Away

mamababa
07-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Ooh, ooh, me too!

Vida
DS 8/02
DD 2/03